Tiny Little Top 1/12/23

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, SiP said:

Historically, if the S&P500 scored a decline in the previous year and then the we had Christmas rally and the first 5 days of the new year were in positive territory, the entire following year marked a strong bull rally.

Counting from 1950 to date, there have been nine such instances. The average annual return has been 27.1% and the median 28.9%. as this pattern is also being repeated this year, you have to buy stocks on Wall Street.

01(5).png

In 2016, Lee Bohl, a Charles Schwab researcher, analyzed market data between 1933 and 2015, and found that, in general, the third year of the presidency overlapped with the strongest market gains.4 The S&P 500, a fairly broad index of stocks, exhibited the following average returns in each year of the presidential cycle since 1933:

Year after the election: +6.7%

Second-year: +5.8%

Third-year: +16.3%<==

Fourth-year: +6.7%

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/p/presidentialelectioncycle.asp#citation-13

3 hours ago, Jorma said:

Jeff Beck has died.  Just an ordinary bloke, who was a musical genius.  If we ever have cause to roll out Going Down here again it would be best to use his version and retire Freddy King's.

For some reason the news of his death hit me really hard yesterday. A buddy of mine who lives in Las Vegas just saw him play with Johnny Depp a month ago and said he was still amazing. 

For my money, Jeff Beck was the greatest guitarist of all time. Not just a rock guitarist, he was an innovator and could play any style. He's on my Mt. Rushmore of guitarists with Duane Allman, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Albert Lee. I know it's probably blasphemy not to have Hendrix, Clapton, Page or some others on that list, but I guess there is only so much room on my mountainside. 

Just now, PullMyFinger said:

For some reason the news of his death hit me really hard yesterday. A buddy of mine who lives in Las Vegas just saw him play with Johnny Depp a month ago and said he was still amazing. 

For my money, Jeff Beck was the greatest guitarist of all time. Not just a rock guitarist, he was an innovator and could play any style. He's on my Mt. Rushmore of guitarists with Duane Allman, Stevie Ray Vaughan, and Albert Lee. I know it's probably blasphemy not to have Hendrix, Clapton, Page or some others on that list, but I guess there is only so much room on my mountainside. 

"I know it's probably blasphemy not to have Hendrix...."?

Fact check: True.

5 minutes ago, Jimi said:

"I know it's probably blasphemy not to have Hendrix...."?

Fact check: True.

If I were picking, I probably would not have put Teddy Roosevelt on Mt. Rushmore either, but I understand why he is there. 😉

I won't fight you on that one. Had Hendrix lived longer, he would probably be on my mountain. Gone way too soon. He certainly showed us some amazing things that no one had really done before.

And I reckon not many people would pick Albert Lee. I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't appreciate him that much until I got to know Tony Colton (member of Head Hands and Feet, wrote I'm No Angel among other songs) a little bit a number of years ago. Tony was the ex-husband of a friend of mine but sadly passed away a couple of years ago. Clapton and Eric Burdon were two of Tony's best friends growing up. Man, that guy had some amazing experiences and stories! Tony also lived in Greg Allman and Cher's guest house for a time back when they were married. Let's just say that everything you have heard about Gregg Allman's struggles is probably sanitized from how bad it really was. 

Archived