What Happens When a Down Phase Goes Up- 7/14/23

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SiP said:

Its public twitter and on pictures you have "names" to find them. I could also post link to TT.

Graphs are ok as long as the attribution is clear and you include your own comment, however brief. Link to the source also as a matter of courtesy.  I am referring to lengthy text posts. These should be avoided by shortening or paraphrasing. 

26 minutes ago, MisFit Kid said:

I love/hate it when  someone says "rent went down"

>: only in your mind and "Govt. Stats"

Outfits like Apartment List and Zumper do market rent surveys all the time. They are reliable. The BLS data is a joke. I have warned for years that it would lag falling market rents on the way down and that CPI would be overstated as a result.

YEARS.

I have warned about it, and now it's happening. I have warned for years that the Fed was behind the curve on the way up and would be behind on the way down. 

And it's happening. Just as I predicted. This is NOT rocket science. I was a commercial real estate appraiser and market analcyst for a long time. I know how to measure rents. The private market rent surveys are accurate. I have no doubt about that. These companies collect reams of data. Big Data is self correcting. Anomalies are averaged out. 

I knew rent inflation in recent years was pushing real inflation higher faster than the Fed recognized. And I am not surprised in the least that rents are falling now, and that the Fed hasn't got a clue. 

Because the government methodology is flat out fraud. 

CPI was never intended to measure inflation. Its purpose was to index labor contracts to the "cost of living." So the government invented all kinds of contortions to suppress the number. Worked great on the way up, but the same methods result in overstatement on the way down. 

Of course rents are adjusting. They went up too far, too fast. People can't pay. Too much multifamily rental stock came on the market. Boom, now rents are falling or at least aren't going up. 

The whole system of measuring "inflation" is a joke. 

The whole world is perfectly aligned for Russia! Russia! Russia!

FTW...

Going forward.  Please remember/recall the two themes.  "All issues that stumble at 192" and "So.  About Half?"

Don't think for a second that I forgot...

I owe you a Gold Star chart.FTWGoldStar-July142023.thumb.jpg.29003e6a4e6ccba635d0fb1118a1b823.jpg

Don't be turned off by the rough appearance...there is a gem inside.  This IS the most potent chart I have publicly posted.

The consolidation "in the ^DJI" from January 26, 2018 to the peak on February 12, 2020(747d) right before the pandemic crash is the left...and...from the January 5th, 2022 peak until this very day(555d)....is the right side.  Understanding wave pattern distortion(and you should have at least a basic comprehension by now), you might begin to SEE they are nothing more than a mirror image of one another.

Subtract right from left?

Speaking of mirror images.  In my last post entitled..."Real Answers to Real Questions".

June 16 - June 30 - July 14.

"As you enter into the formation...in the same manner you shall leave."

This CAN apply to time as well...

Bear Instruction Manual 5.0

I did look over the BIM 5.0, no changes are necessary.  All numbers are good, but I will comment that SLV/GLD are in the throes of a crash...avoid this area at all costs.  With the SPX, I've already mentioned it many times.   Wait until 4460, then 4410 is given up on volume.  

In ALL Things...Patience.

TCG

Think this through.  Study.  Never Give Up!

224-July142023.thumb.jpg.4b00a1913b56a80d7a64be9d43ca964f.jpg

I'll drop in at 2,240 to 2,250 on the SPX.

Oh...and...

Would this clear up the question everyone is afraid to ask?

2.24 + 2.24 = 5.18

See you then.

10 hours ago, DrStool said:

Outfits like Apartment List and Zumper do market rent surveys all the time. They are reliable. The BLS data is a joke. I have warned for years that it would lag falling market rents on the way down and that CPI would be overstated as a result.

YEARS.

I have warned about it, and now it's happening. I have warned for years that the Fed was behind the curve on the way up and would be behind on the way down. 

And it's happening. Just as I predicted. This is NOT rocket science. I was a commercial real estate appraiser and market analcyst for a long time. I know how to measure rents. The private market rent surveys are accurate. I have no doubt about that. These companies collect reams of data. Big Data is self correcting. Anomalies are averaged out. 

I knew rent inflation in recent years was pushing real inflation higher faster than the Fed recognized. And I am not surprised in the least that rents are falling now, and that the Fed hasn't got a clue. 

Because the government methodology is flat out fraud. 

CPI was never intended to measure inflation. Its purpose was to index labor contracts to the "cost of living." So the government invented all kinds of contortions to suppress the number. Worked great on the way up, but the same methods result in overstatement on the way down. 

Of course rents are adjusting. They went up too far, too fast. People can't pay. Too much multifamily rental stock came on the market. Boom, now rents are falling or at least aren't going up. 

The whole system of measuring "inflation" is a joke. 

Lee,

I remember that. I also remember one guy who talked on twitter about components of CPI and how they are measured. The same thing is with healtcare cost. They are updated like once per year! He correctly forecasted the drop.

So having this in mind, Fee will be behind the curve on the way back so there is a huge chance of drop and that higher rates will bite eventually.

Archived