Relentless Rally - 1/24/24

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, SiP said:

It's a really tough environment for Tesla, even for them. The amount of competitors coming from China is staggering. Their target is also Europe.

EV‘s only work with massive subsidies. Take them away and the EV market breaks down.

When I was in Oslo I passed by a showroom for that Chinese EV car maker. I forget the name. My God those cars were gorgeous. And there was a whole line of them. 

41 minutes ago, WTF said:

1600 calling the XOI... will be watching for the break back below 1800... then the fall to 1600 should not take long.

(barring a geopolitical event...)

The broader markets are under the delusion that lower energy prices are a good thing... the reality will soon become apparent... 

Why it should fall? Geopolitics favors higher prices for oil

4 hours ago, DrStool said:

16 minutes ago, fxfox said:

EV‘s only work with massive subsidies. Take them away and the EV market breaks down.

Yes, China keeps subsidies for their industry players. They invested state money, hired best car designers from Europe etc. China need to stop this, if not then we would see more trade tarrifs.

10 minutes ago, DrStool said:

When I was in Oslo I passed by a showroom for that Chinese EV car maker. I forget the name. My God those cars were gorgeous. And there was a whole line of them. 

Norway is a one of the leader in terms of EVs penetration In Europe.

2 minutes ago, SiP said:

Norway is a one of the leader in terms of EVs penetration In Europe.

Yep. I saw a lot of Teslas. But I don't think Elon Musk's shit is going to fly with Norwegians. 

9 minutes ago, SiP said:

Yes, China keeps subsidies for their industry players. They invested state money, hired best car designers from Europe etc. China need to stop this, if not then we would see more trade tarrifs.

Their arrival in Europe reminds me of that of the Japanese in the late 70s/early 80s: They were much cheaper, better equipped and their quaiity was ok. They were called „rice cookers“ and such, they gained market share quite quickly.Back then there were also calls about imposing tariffs.

THE JOY OF INTEREST RATES

Australians are now happy they can get term deposit rates of 5%.

(on which they pay tax at marginal rates)

The annual CPI is 5.3%

The real rate is still negative!!!!

Still nirpville!!!!!!

Hmmmmmmmmmmm