High Base Breakout, But Hold Your Horses 11/29/23

Rate this topic

Yes, the ES 24 hour S&P futures have broken out here in the pre market. But the conventional measured move implication is only 4590, because the base is so shallow.  That's also the area of a couple of trend resistance lines in the first couple hours of regular NY trading. Now, if they clear that, then I'd get excited if I was a bull. 

Which leads me to wonder what you call someone who is long stocks, but hates it? 

Anyway, this thing is due for a 3 and 5 day cycle high this morning, so the odds don't favor an extension of the breakout. Maybe after consolidating or pulling back over the next day or two. But that's putting the cow ahead of the horse. 420 Friendly Market Just don't inhale too deeply.

12gi0f

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gold has made a beautiful high base breakout that has a conventional measured move target of around xxxx. The 9-12 month cycle now has a projection of xxxxxx, with a high ideally due between xxxxxxx and xxxxxxx. The 13-week cycle projection is xxxx. That cycle is out of sync, with xxxxx xxxxx time frame for a top. Short-term cycle peaks are due xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxx, with projections ranging from xxxx to xxxx. Our miner swing trade chart picks are now up 16%. I’m adding two more to the list.   Non-subscribers click here for access.

Subscribers, click here to download the report.

Try Lee Adler’s Gold Trader risk free for 90 days!