Funds Flow Continues

Hey Chris:

Check this out:

http://www.wallstreetcourier.com/technicia...statistics9.gif

Still in "relatively" neutral territory, but I would not be leanin on it alone to game any sort of reversal at this point. Combined with some other indicators, however, we may just see some pullback.

My "bet", if I was inclined to "bet", would be a neat little one back again to the 200dma's. Then PRESTO off they go again.

Or not.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

JUST A PAUSE

I am reading this great book by Leon Levy "The Mind of Wall Street"

From his Obit in the New York Times

Mr. Levy firmly believed that investing is as much a psychological as an economic act and argued forcefully that the stock market surge in the 1990's did not reflect a new economic reality but only people's hopes. He warned in 1999 that the roaring market was likely to go down.

It's PAWS, yew NINNY, yew. PAWS!!!

Ass2(_)_)(_(_) the aFURmentioned quote:

Thatzawhat HRFF hASS (pardon the parlance) 'long' argued, ass opposed to some mechanistic notion of the market's being UDDERLY "liquidity" driven, a pet theory bordering upon fixation of some WHOSHALLREMAINNAMELESS.

Of course the mandarins/panjandrums of Wall St are well-too-aware of that emotional character of "investors", which is/hASS been THE major reason FUR this mASSive reflationary rally - to reignite "animal spirits".

Those "animal spirits"/that psychology can turn on a dime. Liquidity cannot attain the light speed of emotional caprice, though it, too can transmute with ASStonishing alacrity. And when that psychology does transmogrify instantaneously, it can be a fearful thing to behold. We got just a glimpse of such RAPID RUPTURE in 1987. We are now so infinitely more leveraged it is mind-boggling, and the situation at hand is, consequently, latent/pregnant with FUR more potential for inflicting greivous and lasting harm.

You should, thereFUR, suggest EXTRAORDINARY DELUSIONS AND THE MADNESS OF CROWDS in the same UDDERance, methinx.

There's a fASS(_)_)cinating story in this weekend's FT about Russia's famous (and recently restored to great fanfare) "Amber Room", WWII, the Nazi's, the KGB, of lies, deception and charade(s) on the grand scale re same.

What caught the eye of HRFF was the observation of the writers that the reason this PUTATIVE (PUTIN-ative?) symbol of Russia's despoilation at the hands of the Nazi's was given, hundreds of years earlier, as gift, was because, at the time AMBER WAS 12 TIMES MORE VALUABLE THAN GOLD.

Those of yew who have TOILED (toil[e]ed?) through HRFF's posts in the pASSt know that he (Winne the?) POOH-POOH's gold and the gold bugz EVERY CHANCE HE GETS. BARE will PAWS to note that gold yet again languishes under $400 an oz.

YAWNNNnnnnnnn...

HRFF thinks that when THE GREAT (W)RECKONING at long lASSt, arrives, gold may not fulfill the expectations so many hold FUR it. He wonders if the markets IN THEIR BOUNDLESS PERVERSITY will focus upon some UDDER substance for that perceived haven of safety.

The world once viewed something else as FUR more valuable than gold.

Hence the very existence/creation of the Amber Room and its enSUEing historical mystery spanning some 60+ YEARS.

Go get the Weekend FT. It's a good tale, full of sound (protracted prevarication) and (war's) fury.

There's a fASS(_)_)cinating story in this weekend's FT about Russia's famous (and recently restored to great fanfare) "Amber Room", WWII, the Nazi's, the KGB, of lies, deception and charade(s) on the grand scale re same.

What caught the eye of HRFF was the observation of the writers that the reason this PUTATIVE (PUTIN-ative?) symbol of Russia's despoilation at the hands of the Nazi's was given, hundreds of years earlier, as gift, was because, at the time AMBER WAS 12 TIMES MORE VALUABLE THAN GOLD.

Those of yew who have TOILED (toil[e]ed?) through HRFF's posts in the pASSt know that he (Winne the?) POOH-POOH's gold and the gold bugz EVERY CHANCE HE GETS. BARE will PAWS to note that gold yet again languishes under $400 an oz.

YAWNNNnnnnnnn...

HRFF thinks that when THE GREAT (W)RECKONING at long lASSt, arrives, gold may not fulfill the expectations so many hold FUR it. He wonders if the markets IN THEIR BOUNDLESS PERVERSITY will focus upon some UDDER substance for that perceived haven of safety.

Hence the very existence/creation of the Amber Room and its enSUEing historical mystery spanning some 60+ YEARS.

Go get the Weekend FT. It's a good tale, full of sound (protracted prevarication) and (war's) fury.

Restored in the sense of rebuilt as from what I recall it's something of a mystery as to what happened to the original amber room.

Odd that it's the Russians that had an amber room as amber is most strongly associated with the Baltic, and to some degree, Polish cultures.

Fwiw. About 10 years ago I had a break-in in my house and the only thing stolen was the amber collection. <_<

YAWNNNnnnnnnn...

Restored in the sense of rebuilt as from what I recall it's something of a mystery as to what happened to the original amber room.

Odd that it's the Russians that had an amber room as amber is most strongly associated with the Baltic, and to some degree, Polish cultures.

Fwiw. About 10 years ago I had a break-in in my house and the only thing stolen was the amber collection. <_<

Why not go for high quality diamonds?Only real disadvantage is that the price is controlled by a cartel--but what else is new!

You can stick a few million worth in your trouser pocket and never have to worry about going through metal detectors and if things get really bad you can eat them

and later reveal to the world how "STOOL MADE ME RICH" :lol: :lol: :lol:

YAWNNNnnnnnnn...

Why not go for high quality diamonds?Only real disadvantage is that the price is controlled by a cartel--but what else is new!

You can stick a few million worth in your trouser pocket and never have to worry about going through metal detectors and if things get really bad you can eat them

and later reveal to the world how "STOOL MADE ME RICH" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Partly controlled by a cartel whose control is eroding ... not a good investment <_<

As for "Stool Made Me Rich", it's been done. I remember a movie with Robert Redford and Zero Mostel called the "Hot Rock". A one point in the movie the gang tried to retrieve a diamond that had experienced exactly such a passage. :lol:

Not only that, but they are now manufacturing synthetic diamonds that are indistinguishable from natural ones. It won't be long before diamonds are cheaper than dirt.

From Doc

The House of Saud is losing control. I have a feeling our whole way of life is about to change, and not for the better.

they had a pretty good run doc. I mean if your a few very rich guys surrounded by massess of poor religous ignorrant bigots who need to blame someone for their misery your always under the gun.

Gee I think that describes the Bush family to a tee.

Perhaps they should have a Fanatic swap?

Archived