Over the Humpty Dump- 2/9/24

Rate this topic

They've finally managed to push through 5000.  The ES 24 hour S&P futures are trading at 5005 here in the pre market at 7:30 AM ET. The 5 day cycle projection points to a range of 5005-5020. Time to get short for a day trade yet? How long can this apparent juggernaut go on? Is This the End, or Only the Beginning

13e5o0

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at ways to get total expiring publicly held debt by date, which the TBAC formerly published, but has now stopped. 

The trick is knowing how much the Fed bought during QE, and how much it will roll or redeem at each auction. 

That's a tough one. I don't think that I can get exact figgers on that. 

I'll think about it and see if I can't come up with an edumacated guess. Otherwise we'll just be stuck with the quarterly net issuance and will have to do some edumacated interfellation. 

It's aggravating. 

That is all.