Stocks On the Launchpad, Countdown on Hold 1/23/24

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, potatohead said:

This is why I am a liquidity trader subscriber for life. Excellent points I did not consider.

Honestly I had trouble following his reasoning.  It seemed circular and contradictory. And how has the maturity spectrum of Treasury issuance changed. He says that it has, but I don't know and can't tell from his piece, how accurate that is. I do know that coupon issuance has been increasing massively. So has bill issuance. So how does he want the mix to change. I just don't get his point, or points at all.    

And where was the part about T-bills and repo? 

The Fed and Treasury have always worked hand in glove in creating monetary and fiscal policy, despite what they say. The Fed is not independent. That's a joke. 

What the NY Fed says on its website is true. The Treasury staff and Fed staff are online with each other every morning to set their agenda for the day. I suspect that the connection is open all day and all night 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Fucking economists are living in a pipedream. 

Again, just imagine what would happen if the Treasury increased coupon issuance even more. We'd be looking at 10% yields again at some point. 

It could happen anyway but I can't see the Fed allowing it. They'd institute yield curve control, and buy whatever was necessary to suppress the yields, like the BoJ has done. 

11 minutes ago, WTF said:

I agree... as anyone holding this portfolio over the next 12 to 18 months will want to kill themselves...

and it will rise again to new high like 400 instead of 200 right now.

For the record, positioning is stretched, like biggest in last decade in tech. need some washout.