Home on the Range Daily News- 12/7/23

Rate this topic

Today December 7, 2023 is a day that will live in in...

Fill in the blank. 

The market doesn't seem to know who will win this battle, and I sure don't either. Because we don't know and neither do they.  

This morning we have tested spport overnight and have the beginnings of a 2-3 day cycle up phase on the ES, 24 hour S&P futures. Resistance is around 4553 in the first hour of NY trading, and then around 4555 at mid day. If they can clear that, then the next target would be around 4565, woopdedoo. If they don't clear it, then we look for a test of the low, with 4535 being the last line of de fence, before a crash all the way to 4530, or even 4525.

Can you stomach the excitement? 

This chart gives perspective on just how big and wild the swings have been over the past 3 weeks. Fasten your seatbelts for more insane turbulence. There may be injuries. Take precautions. Ambulances are on standby.  Christmas Goose Temperature Nears Required Doneness

12kjy2

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In running my daily stock screens of 1300 issues that meet minimum price and volume requirements, as of yesterday's close there were 29 raw buy signals and 60 raw sell signals. When I say raw, this is before visual review for trend structures. Most of these are usually rangebound whipsaw signals that lead nowhere. It's when there's a signal coupled with a supporting trend structure, that these often have a good move. 

But the point is that this is the second straight day where sells exceeded buys. There haven't been 3 straight days of this in months. Today will be interesting in that respect. 

In the ongoing saga of the EUR/USD pair as a leading indicator for US stocks this year for godknowswhy, it continues to point down. This FX trade has led US stock market turns 5 of 7 times in the last year. 

12kluc

Christmas Goose Temperature Nears Required Doneness

54 minutes ago, DrStool said:

In running my daily stock screens of 1300 issues that meet minimum price and volume requirements, as of yesterday's close there were 29 raw buy signals and 60 raw sell signals. When I say raw, this is before visual review for trend structures. Most of these are usually rangebound whipsaw signals that lead nowhere. It's when there's a signal coupled with a supporting trend structure, that these often have a good move. 

But the point is that this is the second straight day where sells exceeded buys. There haven't been 3 straight days of this in months. Today will be interesting in that respect. 

Was there a 3 days straight in the Aug-Oct decline?