Monthly Digger - August, 2005

ok... NEM has one week to get below 39 and the supply to get absorbed with a close over 39...

ya think?? Am I too pessimistic?

anyway.... looks like it's working it's way into a little wedgy... consolidation

NEM:

Key overlaps will be 39.92---wave 1 on the hourly, and 38.68, wave iv of C.

Ooo is that a SHAM poo (H&S) in NEM developing? To 40.5 then back to 36.5?

Uggles!

• Replies 892
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not saying gold is not going to go up but I can't see what a bit of weather has got to do with it. Will it increase demand? Will it decrease supply?

The govnmt will spend, it's inflationary.

Technically, gold and HUI have broken out and retested, this might be the event correlated with a further rise.

In the short term though, the govnmt might cap, and the market might sell on news.

So girls what do you think?  :mellow:

Well shuggah,

I went long a bunch of NEM after 2 PM but it looked increasingly dodgy. Bailed within a couple of cents and minutes before the smackdown. All looked like lower levels indicated. (I feel I was very lucky).

I think PMS stocks should "Just Say "No!"." ... no more daytripping, ... no more daydream believers. No more there and back again. No more Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and definitely no more PAPER MOONS! :blink:

So girls what do you think?  :mellow:

Well shuggah,

I went long a bunch of NEM after 2 PM but it looked increasingly dodgy. Bailed within a couple of cents and minutes before the smackdown. All looked like lower levels indicated. (I feel I was very lucky).

I think PMS stocks should "Just Say "No!"." ... no more daytripping, ... no more daydream believers. No more there and back again. No more Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds and definitely no more PAPER MOONS! :blink:

Big test coming up. Today's late day tankage is not encouraging but as time goes on I wonder if one day has a lot to do with the next. Probably best to do the dropsie under 200 HUI to 190-195 and get on with things. We know the fibs old tops etc. etc.

If Thor doesn't beat me to it....

I guess I'll have to consider you still like monthly threads....

unless you all start yelling, biting and scratching...

Charmin,

With regards to The [This Space For Rent] Digger I feel that with you I am leaving it incapable hands. I will return to what I do best which is griping and grousing and sniping from the sidelines.

I HOPE ALL HAD A PEACEFUL NIGHTS SLEEP in the SuperDorm!

OK, Out of lurker mode again.

I guess I've changed my mind on the monthly threads, As there is really no interest except "the usuals". Just a quick thought, as I peddle my wares to every scratch and hole in the ground visible from earth orbit in Nevada. Driving by the Dunphy, Nevada rail unloading facility for deisel fuel headed for all the pits and UG, I was reminded of the cost of the damned stuff. They must use millions of gallons of diesel. If there is a one cent rise in the cost, doesnt that equate to higher production costs for Newmont? If they use say, 50 million gallons, one cent per gallon would equal to $50,000? In the past year, diesel has risen over $1.00. Isnt that 50 million dollars? As for energy costs, nat gas has recently spiked. I want everyone to change immediately to coal. That way, I will have a job tomorrow, and "hopefully" have some more commisions.

underground boltpeddler.

OK back to lurker mode.

OK, Out of lurker mode again.

I guess I've changed my mind on the monthly threads, As there is really no interest except "the usuals". Just a quick thought, as I peddle my wares to every scratch and hole in the ground visible from earth orbit in Nevada. Driving by the Dunphy, Nevada rail unloading facility for deisel fuel headed for all the pits and UG, I was reminded of the cost of the damned stuff. They must use millions of gallons of diesel. If there is a one cent rise in the cost, doesnt that equate to higher production costs for Newmont? If they use say, 50 million gallons, one cent per gallon would equal to $50,000? In the past year, diesel has risen over $1.00. Isnt that 50 million dollars? As for energy costs, nat gas has recently spiked. I want everyone to change immediately to coal. That way, I will have a job tomorrow, and "hopefully" have some more commisions.

underground boltpeddler.

OK back to lurker mode.

That theory has been brought up before.

I can tell you what history might think....

Seasonality in the month of September

Strongest sector by far was the Canadian Gold Sector.  Average gain per period during the past 10 periods was 7.2%.

http://finance.lycos.com/qc/livecharts/def...symbols=TSE:XGD

http://dvtechtalk.com/August/August30.htm

Check the price action in the XAU since 87. You might be surprised how many 4th quarter ups failed to materialize.

post-1718-1125369282_thumb.jpg

Archived