And The Music Played On

There is a huge expanding triangle in SPX almost fully developed, which is very bearish, I believe. It can resolve itself anywhere from topping here or hitting a new high at the top of the triangle. A new high would probably scare to death the shorts, where like Doc said, the big players can get more heavily shorted. Once that ecpaning triagle completes watch out because the downside is usually fast ad fierce. IMHO comments welcome

What time frame chart?

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in germany they now offer a new product called "MACD Zertifikat", it purely follows MACD buy and sell signals for the DAX. Thru backtesting they found out that since 1987 you would have had a total return of 611%, i saw a graph and there was no single time period where it underperformed DAX. It sounds not that bad.

AssMaster, flat panel monitors are the ONE promising area in techs today -- the only clearly superior hardware that people are going to buy now. Who wants to replace their clunky monitor with another dinosaur when flat-panel prices are becoming so much better, and are such a superior product? And tube monitors do eventually burn out (not so "eventually" either -- seems like sooner rather than later) Flat-panel manufacturers need to do a better job of letting consumers know that energy savings make up for the higher initial price fairly quickly. So hopefully your employment will increase as this one area continues to grow.

In the meantime I'll point out that COHR, on several people's lists of things to short, is retreating quite a bit from its days highs. Hmmmm.

Rock - from the SPX high on 11/21 till now. Can be seen on 10, 15, 30 min... tell me what you think

This is what I come up with an expanding triangle. Would like to see this rally peter at the top and then down big time. FWIW...as u note, expanding triangles are inherintely unstable patterns...usually bearish.

post-3-1038415022_thumb.jpg

Archived