Launchpad Rebuilt, Countdown to Liftoff Resumes 3/14/24

Rate this topic

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Adobe only down $63 or 11% after reporting earnings... another ai wonder... the wonder is who buys this overpriced crap...

But good news the company will be doing a multibillion dollar share buyback at the top of the market... what a waste of capital... reinvest in the company or pay a dividend... share repurchases are a scam...

SpaceX loses Starship... maybe the name over-promises... Starship seems inappropriate for something that will never go to a star... may I suggest Earthship, as every launch so far has ended in mangled pieces crashing back down to earth...

the only certain companies that are winning on AI are the semiconductor manufacturers that drive AI and the energy and data centre providers.

Most applications of AI will not be profitable.

Many companies like Microsoft should continue to grow because they are the monopolists wrapping up the internet.

If it is to be believed that more and more business is moving online, then these companies should be the ones to make a profit. Just like cloud computing, cyber security etc. sectors

And importantly, the internet has no competition from China unlike, for example, Tesla. The trade war means that many products will not be viable. The likes of google, microsoft etc have no viable alternative from China. you won't use a Russian internet search engine after all. These are different worlds, disconnected. There will be no Chinese netflix or Chinese operating system. These are sure stocks, you can buy ETFs for years.

and if competition appears, look at tiktok, the US government is blocking apps under the deceitful guise of spying. Typical American behaviour as they lose the race. It doesn't change the fact that if tiktok goes down, you'll buy meta again. That's why meta is getting more expensive.

Sip, I've heard it all before... look at the 30-year chart of CSCO... great company... was the shit back in the late 90's... the internet was going to change everything and CSCO would be at the center of it all, topped in March 2000 at $146 and has never reached the highs since, now trading at $50.  The internet was world changing, but that didn't mean CSCO was the winner...

I say that with NVDA and other semiconductor manufactures in mind... this is the top of the market for the chip manufactures... demand and margins will never be higher, new manufactures & competition will now eat into prices... the current share prices will not be supported by earnings, I suspect they will also be looking back for the next 20 years to see their highs...

13 minutes ago, WTF said:

Sip, I've heard it all before... look at the 30-year chart of CSCO... great company... was the shit back in the late 90's... the internet was going to change everything and CSCO would be at the center of it all, topped in March 2000 at $146 and has never reached the highs since, now trading at $50.  The internet was world changing, but that didn't mean CSCO was the winner...

I say that with NVDA and other semiconductor manufactures in mind... this is the top of the market for the chip manufactures... demand and margins will never be higher, new manufactures & competition will now eat into prices... the current share prices will not be supported by earnings, I suspect they will also be looking back for the next 20 years to see their highs...

Sounds good to me. 

3 hours ago, WTF said:

SpaceX loses Starship... maybe the name over-promises... Starship seems inappropriate for something that will never go to a star... may I suggest Earthship, as every launch so far has ended in mangled pieces crashing back down to earth...

Starship never did match Airplane.