Don't Get Excited About that Thwack- 3/1/24

Rate this topic

New low in the slush fund. They're buying stocks widdit. 

image.png

Flipped correlation chart updated weekly in Liquidity Trader. Next update coming this weekend. From last week - We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Fed – We Make Money from Nothing 

Sure, you can find correlation charts like this in institutional research publications, but Liquidity Trader will show the way for the price of a daily Starbucks. Goldman Sachs won't. 
image.png

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, DrStool said:

New low in the slush fund. They're buying stocks widdit. 

image.png

Flipped correlation chart updated weekly in Liquidity Trader. Next update coming this weekend. From last week - We Don’t Need No Stinkin’ Fed – We Make Money from Nothing 

Sure, you can find correlation charts like this in institutional research publications, but Liquidity Trader will show the way for the price of a daily Starbucks. Goldman Sachs won't. 
image.png

And when it is empty they gonna reintroduce some kind of QE. Easy peasy.

24 minutes ago, fxfox said:

And when it is empty they gonna reintroduce some kind of QE. Easy peasy.

A new form of QE-Twist, "already in the plans" ......Fed Governor Christopher Waller

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/gold-bonds-soar-feds-waller-hints-qe-reverse-twist

And given all the other plans, and "future plans", and

with bonus From Interplanet Janet wanting/demanding Inflation

Oy Vey

13 minutes ago, SiP said:

5368 sp comin

As I synthesize everything I read, I suspect you are right and we get an overreach in the immediate future.  I wish we might have gotten a 10% drop here that might have been healthier than a bigger correction to come after what comes next!  My "feel" is seldom more that what looks like a reversion to mean in the next trading day, but I worry about the day when no amount of liquidity can staunch a bloodletting from too high a perch.  ETFs are great but if everyone bails at once???????

5 minutes ago, Takachi-1 said:

As I synthesize everything I read, I suspect you are right and we get an overreach in the immediate future.  I wish we might have gotten a 10% drop here that might have been healthier than a bigger correction to come after what comes next!  My "feel" is seldom more that what looks like a reversion to mean in the next trading day, but I worry about the day when no amount of liquidity can staunch a bloodletting from too high a perch.  ETFs are great but if everyone bails at once???????

Tops take time to build. 

2 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Tops take time to build. 

I don't know anyone better than you to distill that out day by day. Really you are extraordinary!  Why I'm here.

10 hours ago, Takachi-1 said:

I don't know anyone better than you to distill that out day by day. Really you are extraordinary!  Why I'm here.

Thanks! We can't even start thinking about a top, let alone the downside, until it stops going up.