Thank You Load Jaysus 2/2/24

Rate this topic

Whatever the Load said on Wednesday, the market changed its mind about it on Thursday. 

But while it looked like a breakout, it really wasn't. Yet. 

As you can see on the ES 24 hour S&P futures, we have a megaphone pattern developing. Yes they made a new high, but they didn't break the slightly rising resistance trendline. To do that would require an hourly close above 4945 at the close of New York trading today. 

And bears, don't even think about it unless the ES is below 4915 at the close. Swing Trade Screen Picks – Clearing Out the Shorts 

139l6b

Meanwhile, look at the 10 year Treasury yield. Some big bullish bets have been placed in the past couple of days. We're set up for something big here. The market will tell us over the next couple or 3 days. Fed Balance Sheet Right Now Says Bears Should Get Ready to Rumble

139la2

A possible 13-week cycle upturn here could finally get gold out of the doldrums but it would need to clear xxxx for the impetus to get back to xxxx. But in the bigger picture, there are some bad signs.    Non-subscribers click here for access.

Subscribers, click here to download the report.

Meanwhile, I’m keeping two mining charts on the pick list. Non-subscribers click here for access.

Try Lee Adler’s Gold Trader risk free for 90 days!

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• DrStool changed the title to Thank You Load Jaysus 2/2/24
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a beautiful, sunny 63 degrees here today. I'm going to head out for the afternoon. Have fun and stay out of trouble! 

If you're interested in the local environment here, check out my instagram photo journal. 

https://www.instagram.com/p/C20kCIBsr5w/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link&igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

payrolls

The data are strongly surprising and not in the direction most would have expected. Much better data than forecast on employment growth plus a fall in unemployment. I also note the strong increase in hourly pay (the largest monthly increase since November 2022). The data as a whole definitely argues for leaving interest rates unchanged.

strong dollar.

will be interesting to see Doc's withholding numbers.   A strong increase in pay and significant slowing of withholding would suggest the strong employment gains are "curious".  Then again, its officially an election year now.

2 hours ago, potatohead said:

payroll numbers do not seem to match the withholding data. is that correct?

I haven't run them for January yet. But it would be rare for them to match. 

Wow. Big number. It's not consistent with what I saw in the first half of January in the withholding data. But mostly this number should tie in with December withholding.  

Not even remotely close. Either something is wrong with the jobs data, or something is wrong with the withholding data. 

2 hours ago, SiP said:

payrolls

The data are strongly surprising and not in the direction most would have expected. Much better data than forecast on employment growth plus a fall in unemployment. I also note the strong increase in hourly pay (the largest monthly increase since November 2022). The data as a whole definitely argues for leaving interest rates unchanged.

strong dollar.

Source: