Back to Work on a Down Note 1/16/24

Rate this topic

The post holiday session pre market on the ES, 24 hour S&P futures is a bit weak, but the 5 day cycle projection is only 4745, and we're almost there. 4739-42 is a spport area. And then there's more spport around 4730-35, and then every few points below that, seemingly forever. So I wouldn't bet on much more than that for now, but surprise me.  Stock Market Is Having Irving Fisher Moment

130fi6

Over in the department of bond interest, the 10 year yield is now in a no-man's-land between 3.85 and 4.10. Once it breaks out, we'll know which way it's headed. Liquidity analysis says up, but not necessarily in the short run. I will be working on a Liquidity Trader update today for posting this evening.  For now, I can only tell that the stock market rally has been entirely driven by animal spirits, and that leverage has reached hysteria levels. Meanwhile the countdown to zero on the Fed's RRP slush fund is on track. The crunch is coming. 

130fis 

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

8 minutes ago, BurntOnce said:

it's called "the Ukraine" because it's the gateway to europe. whoever has ukraine has the world. the russkies are upon our doorstep.

To Alaska. 

30 minutes ago, BurntOnce said:

it's called "the Ukraine" because it's the gateway to europe. whoever has ukraine has the world. the russkies are upon our doorstep.

seems like that held true in the board game "Risk", from the 1970's

Bank deposits, repo borrowing, and the Fed’s RRP facility have been the fuels for the rally. There are strong correlations between them and stock prices. In the past two weeks they’ve reached an inflection point. Depending on how they break, we should get a signal on the most likely intermediate term direction of stock prices. Non-subscribers, click here for access.

However, liquidity only establishes market context. Technical analysis of price trends shows action and timing. Context helps us to better understand the timing indicators when they are ambiguous. I cover that in the Technical Trader reports. Non-subscribers, click here for access.

Subscribers, click here to download the report.

KNOW WHAT’S HAPPENING NOW, before the Street does, read Lee Adler’s Liquidity Trader risk free for 90 days! Act on real-time reality! 

• Upvote 1

"And I saw the Russians come up the Yukon in boats, fresh from the sea, many Russians; and I saw Ivan creep forth from where he lay hid and make talk with them.  And the next day I saw Ivan lead them upon the trail of the tribe.  Even now are they upon the trail, and I am here, Negore, but no coward.”

NEGORE, THE COWARD

jack london