We Know the Number to Beat 10/25/23

Rate this topic

It's 4224 on the ES, 24 hour S&P futures. If it holds above that, bulls are in charge. If it breaks, then bears ball. But unfortunately, there are so many crosscurrents in this rangebound monstrosity, that I'd be hard pressed to conclude that any move can be sustained before. In fact any move that takes place between 4189 and 4267 could be viewed as random, rangebound news.

Based on the hourly chart as it is currently set up, I wouldn't hazard a guess as to which way the breakout will finally be. I do post the big picture outlook in the Technical Trader, and there are some good reasons to guess that when the breakout comes, it will be to the downside. 

On the other hand, if they can clear 4267 today, we can put that thesis aside for now. 

11vw-j

Over in the bonds, the 10 year yield looks poised to test 5% again. If that's cleared the next target in terms of longer intermediate term cycle projections would be 5.20. In the long run, that's not even close to the end. Nor would it be the beginning of the end. But it could be the end of the beginning

11vx22

For the few goldbugs still among us, until the metal crosses 2010, nothing has happened yet. But if it does achieve that distinction then the projection is for a test of the 2087 high. 

Perhaps by the year 2087. When the Market Is Ready, an Event Will Appear

11vx38

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't the name of the new fed program a hint.  BTFP?

The whole mantra for a while has been BTFD.  I'm sure they were laughing when they named the program.  Turn in your bad bonds get newly printed fresh dollars.  What could go wrong.

1 hour ago, specie said:

Wasn't the name of the new fed program a hint.  BTFP?

The whole mantra for a while has been BTFD.  I'm sure they were laughing when they named the program.  Turn in your bad bonds get newly printed fresh dollars.  What could go wrong.

Good point. I'm absolutely sure they had the "BTFD" acronym in mind when they thoight about the name of the new programme. And they did laugh. Yes.

8 minutes ago, fxfox said:

Good point. I'm absolutely sure they had the "BTFD" acronym in mind when they thoight about the name of the new programme. And they did laugh. Yes.

When the program was first announced, in my first anal is is of it in Liquidity Trader, thas wha I called it.