Dangerous Hurricane Lee 9/6/23

Rate this topic

Is now building off the coast of A Frick A.  The question is whether it will pose a threat to the US. Stay tooned for fudder developments. 

Meanwhile, I will be moving around today and won't see much of you here until late. But let us note several signs of a market top formation. The first is the hourly chart of the ES, 24 hour S&P futures. It has a measured move target of 4465, give or take. 5 day cycle projection is also around there. 

The second is the fact that nobody was here yesterday. That's a contrarian top signal.

The third is that I am heavily long in my trading account.

That's the best contrarian top signal I can think of. Classic BTFD Setup Or Not 

11aia2

And, My oh my! 10 Year Treasury Yield. Beware! Jobs Really Much Weaker Than They Say

11aibz

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, WTF said:

Strange... wonder which one is lying? 💩

Nobody. They are just markets where buyers and sellers interact and price is the intersection of supply and demand at a given moment. 

20 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Nobody. They are just markets where buyers and sellers interact and price is the intersection of supply and demand at a given moment. 

Interesting... I would have never figured you for a market efficiency guy... If markets are efficient, then all information is already incorporated into the price, and so there is no way to "beat" the market because there are no undervalued or overvalued securities available.

1 hour ago, WTF said:

Interesting... I would have never figured you for a market efficiency guy... If markets are efficient, then all information is already incorporated into the price, and so there is no way to "beat" the market because there are no undervalued or overvalued securities available.

It isn't market efficiency, it's liquidity sufficiency.  

EFFICIENCY VS LIQUIDITY

Yes...the market price (MP) is determined by the supply of liquidity.

The MP is not determined by efficiency....prices are not efficient.

Liquidty is like the tide....like the current......that pushes the price around.

High liquidity leads to high asset prices and vice versa.

We are currently going through a period where the FED is withdrawing liquidity while the US government is increasing the dermand for liquidity.

The expression for all this action is  found in the short term bond market.

Its not pretty.