Thanksgiving

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fellow bears: I don't think what we are seeing is a buying mania along the lines of "don't want to miss the train out of the station" but a gambler's mentality in which everyone buying is planning to take their little piece of the action out before his fellow fools. With Thanksgiving so late this year, it comes right near portfolio window dressing at the end of every month, so you get extra juice. While I am writing this, I am listening to a crazy Nick Guarino on his weekly radio broadcast outlining the coming possible war. God help us all if he is right in his scenario in which a desperate Sodamn Insame strikes Israel leading to their retaliation leading to the fundamentalists forcing war. I expect him to be telling his subscribers to start shorting above Dow 9000 and SPX 960. If he is right, the reversal could make Doc's hopes appear bullish.

P.S. Look at SLM. A dog with lots of insider selling going down on an up day for other financials. I was hoping for a rally in this stock if market rallied so I could buy April 105 puts when stock creeped over 100 again. Well, the market rallied, but poor Sallie--her holdings remind me of an indiscriminate whore ("do what you must, just pay me).

this is the last push into Nov 29 or early Dec - for sure.  This is monumental.

This is an all out buying orgy of "I don't want to miss the [sinking] boat" mentality.  

Woooo, Hoooo

Allllll Aboard  !!! :lol:

When the Ex-Lax kicks in it's going to be a double flusher. B)

exactly what I was picturing in my sick mind. A double, perhaps triple "bowl splasher" that will cover Mother Earth. This is frick'n awesome, awesome!

Bigtrends today

Notice how when the Nasdaq 100 Bullish Percent hits 80%, the market has been severely overbought and typically is near a significant peak. In comparison, the DJIA Bullish Percent has typically peaked around 70%. These levels have now been reached, suggesting more risk than reward in the bigger picture. We remain sellers into strength, and we are gearing up for a pullback in December

1127A.jpg

microdon,

Nick Guarino: I'm going to try and find his radiocasts.

I started receiving Guarino's letters (unsolicited) around the crash in 2000. He seems like a paranoid lunatic of the charlatan persuasion, but has been quite accurate in his commentary. Of course, he probably said the same thing throughout the bull, but I have only read post-bull stuff.

Quite a Kodiak....and I certainly enjoy his passion for hating Wall St.

doc,

well i am not that kryptic, so i just ask:

what will happen the rest of the day? At which level will S&P close exactly, willthey pump, dump, jump, slump, or whatever..........or............. :lol:

no, just wanted to ask if something changed about the p.m. outlook :)

Archived