Get Ready to Break Out 6/3/24

Rate this topic

The 5 day cycle projection on the ES points to 5320. 

152a2i

3 reports upcoming momentarily. 

For moron the markets, see:    

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The rare but not unusual red swan pattern. 

152c97

The latest screens resulted in 87 stocks meeting preliminary buy side criteria versus just 24 on the sell side. That compares with 79 buys and 18 sells the week before. Sells have all but disappeared, and buys are holding steady at a modest level.  Non-subscribers click here for access.

Technical Trader subscribers click here to download the complete report.

Next, I counted the signals that were triggered on Friday alone. After applying these trigger filters, just one of the preliminary sells qualified on Friday, while 11 of the buys did. That still does not signify broad thrust. I only liked 2 of the buys enough to add to the list. I did not add any sells.  Non-subscribers click here for access.

One pick hit its stop price last week. Another loser will be dropped based on today’s opening price. Dropping those and adding the 2 new ones, will leave 10 buys and 2 shorts on the list for this week.  Non-subscribers click here for access.

I have added or adjusted stops for several existing picks. New picks are added without stops. Risk management is assumed via multiple small positions that won’t break the bank if they go wrong.  Non-subscribers click here for access.

Subscribers, see table of picks and charts in report. Non-subscribers click here for access.

List performance was minimally positive last week. Including picks still open at the end of the week plus those stopped out during the week, the list had an average gain of 1.3 % with an average holding period of 11 calendar days. That compares with 2.3% with an average holding period of 18 calendar days, for the prior week. The change was mostly due to adding 8 new picks that started last week.  Non-subscribers click here for access.

For picks closed in May, it was a losing month. Picks closed out during the month had an average loss of 0.1% and an average holding period of 22 calendar days.  Non-subscribers click here for access.

For all picks closed out in April the average gain was 15.2% on an average holding period of 34 calendar days. Of those 7 were buys and 4 were shorts.   Non-subscribers click here for access.

Past performance does not suggest future results.

Not a subscriber? Get price and time targets, and weekly swing trade chart picks, risk free for 90 days! 

Function at the junction.

152ccn

There’s plenty of room for doubt in both directions, but cycle projections say one more rally to go before a bigger top begins to form. Here’s where and when to expect the highs, and what to look for in between.  Non subscribers click here to access.

Technical Trader subscribers click here to download the complete report.

Not a subscriber? Get price and time targets, and weekly swing trade chart picks, risk free for 90 days! 

Maybe my in stinks were correct. 

On 5/31/2024 at 11:42 PM, DrStool said:

It takes volume to make a thrust. Thrusts don't happen in 20 minutes at the end of a day. Seems more like month end window dressing. Slot racing in a vacuum. 

My guess would be a sharply lower open on Monday. 

Seems there was a glitch this morning on the NYSE.....

https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/03/investing/new-york-stock-exchange-technical-issue/index.html

BRK.A was down 99% at one point, but it has all been fixed..($620,000 stock -> $185 -> $620,000)

but then again, GME got the squeeze-ola treatment higher, due to roaring kitty.......

all is normal......for BRK.A

brk.JPG.bf14de5f370cc563977e63d621cc957b.JPG