Market Goes Back to Sleep 5/17/24

Rate this topic

Pop and drop and stop. That's the way it goes. Now the question is whether we get a 3 day cycle low. With the hourly oscillators around neutral an upturn from this level would probably be a blastoff. However, by the same token, if they fold here, we could finally see a decent correction as a 4 or 5 day wave plays out into a hard down phase. Not much to go on yet, so we wait. Why Sell in May and Go Away

In my personal daily swing trade stock screens today, I got 68 preliminary bullish trend structures and 32 bearish. That's a little less bullish than yesterday's readings. Today only 2 of the 68 buys triggered. 7 of the sells triggered. The numbers are too small to be meaningful, and I didn't see anything compelling. However, there was an interesting thread on the sell side- oil and gas. Hmmmm.  Swing Trade Screen Picks – No Way!

14wg18

For moron the markets, see:   

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LEVERAGE FOR NOTHING AND STOCKS ON A SPREE

Since 2008 when it was founded SPXL the Direxion 3 times daily leveraged S&P 500 index ETF has returned 25% per annum.

When I think of the Medallion fund the "primus inter pares" and how it has made its great returns....... 

I think that most of it is probably due to......

"the same strategy as SPXL but with twice as much daily leverage".

But it required a crazy bull market and free NIRP/ZIRP debt to do it!!!!!!

This is of course is just a guess.

What are the best sectors for next 6-12 months?

- utilities/energy becasue we miss energy due to AI, even blackrock says that

https://money.usnews.com/investing/news/articles/2024-05-17/blackrock-ceo-sees-giant-issue-for-europe-due-to-ai-power-needs

- Metals due to war and EV revolution, so copper like FCX? just made a new high.

- uranium due to atom?  GLOBAL X URANIUM ETF?