Windows Is Getting Ready, Do Not Turn Off Your Computer 2/14/22

Rate this topic

As I open this thread from my phone that is the message that I have had on my blue computer screen for the last two hours. 

Do you think that maybe I should turn my computer off. Or perhaps just give Microsoft customer service a call? 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I keed. I keed. 

Well I cannot work from my phone all day so I have to be a risk taker I suppose. I will wait 10 more minutes and then turn off my computer. 😄😄😄

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After about six restarts I finally got to the welcome screen. But now the thingy has been spinning for about five minutes. 

That's the great thing about Microsoft. Every time the operating system gets to the point of working smoothly they upgrade it so that it breaks again.

Finally, I have a working computer. It only took 7 restarts and 3 hours and 45 minutes to open. 

Too late to do a stock screen update today. I'll do the prep and post early, Tamara. 

Maybe I should buy a new computer? This one is ancient. About 6 years of extreme daily abuse. 

But alas, just new Windoze problems I suspect. 

Finally, I have a working computer. It only took 7 restarts and 3 hours and 45 minutes to open. 

Too late to do a stock screen update today. I'll do the prep and post early, Tamara. 

Maybe I should buy a new computer? This one is ancient. About 6 years of extreme daily abuse. 

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

It seems that there was a major update of windows. Last week I had similar problems like you on my laptop of my employer. I was not able to work for like 2 hours. Coworkers had same problems.

Imagine what that costs a company if majority of staff can‘t work for hours. In sum that amounts to a whole day each year of not beeing able to work just because of a damn update of a damn software company.

All other software we use runs smooth. Sure, there are updates too, but that gets done under control of the IT department overnight via a night batch or whatever. In all those years our trading software NEVER failed. It was once down for like 2 mins or so.

So, I'm going through the screen results, and I'm just going to show you a few of the charts in this great bull market. No particular reason. This is neither an offer to buy or a solicitation to sell. I just want to illustrate what a great bull market we are in. Let's just do a few starting with symbols starting with the letter B.

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

As Jimmah Cramah wud say. Thar's allus a bar market somwhar.