Panic At The Hamptons

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I posted this pair two month ago. Hopefully some of you took this.

http://stockcharts.com/def/servlet/SC.web?c=XLP%3AXLY

Well done, i888.

For those not familiar with the sector SPDRs, XLP = Consumer Staples (food, beverages, household supplies, toiletries that people have to buy); XLY = Consumer Discretionary (cars, appliances, hotels, restaurants, media, luxury items).

A complete description of the S&P 500 stocks in each of the nine sector SPDRs is available here:

http://www.sectorspdrs.com/

Thanks MH.Great link.

With Home Depot and eBay in discretionary,you can see why it's goin' down!

spx/vix ratio, fwiw

It's ASS(_)_)tounding that the ratio could lose 35% of its value in three days.

Let's see ... at S&P 800 and VIX of 80, it could fall from 64 to 10.

The burning question in everyone's mind is whether this tremendous, freight-train momentum will just blow right through the obvious support points such as Dow 10,000 and Dow 9,800 (2004 low).

What are the latest NYSE program trading statistics? Enough crazed robots on dirty power might do anything ... :o

Oh, I am so encouraged by Barron's this weekend. (Just the public page; I wouldn't actually pay for it. :lol: )

No growling bear on the cover, for starters! Just some old fart in a wetsuit (same demographics as Barron's readers) waterskiing barefoot. Irrelevant.

And a delectable selection of brain-dead articles:

- 'As money leaves tech, bargains remain'

- 'Art funds aim to paint a pretty picture' :lol: GMAFB* :lol:

- 'Banks that can handle rising rates' [one of Whore Street's hoariest old chestnuts]

- 'Should you take a bite of the Apple?'

http://online.barrons.com/public/main/

Obviously, mindless pap like this stuff means that 'concern' has not yet turned to fear and panic. Those founts of conventional wisdom, the financial 'journalists,' don't get it yet.

It's a green light to carry on selling! :D

* Give Me A Friggin Break

Who needs friggin' San Diego? I'm buying a spec house in Baghdad:

Residential real estate prices in Iraq's capital have quadrupled in many parts of the city, says Ali al-Difaie, 54, the manager of a government office that processes property deeds.

"A friend from London came to me to complain about the prices," says Haider al-Rubie, 32, a Baghdad real estate agent. "This is crazy."

Statistics are hard to come by, but al-Difaie says an average 3,000-square-foot home in Baghdad's upscale Mansour district sells for $300,000 now. That is four times the Saddam-era prices. Prices are similar in other middle-class neighborhoods around the capital, al-Difaie says.

Baghdad boom

When the Bubble has spread this far, where do you go to keep expanding it? Kampala? Rangoon? Ulan Bator?

Beats the hell outta me ... <_<

No panic at the Hamptons for those that Got Water.

Puplava wrote about water in an article late last year.

I read it! :)

I ignored it. :(

Now that I think about it, water is perfect for any Stoolie.

Very difficult to flush without it. :o

Water Utilities index

really a nice chart, but what I ask myself: Why this talk abiout water NOW, after it went up 200%? When i get info about water in 2001 when EMA50 crossed EMA 200, just a hint like "look at water index, looks promising" then THAT would have been worthfull info, but now at 550 newsletter writers do so as if they have found an real insider trade is simply grotesk. They should bring me trades and info in ADVANCE not after the fact.

The water pig gets chased thru the village every few years. Thats the truth. If they cant talk about oil and gold anymore they choose water. Always the same.

The water trade is more or less over. The money has been already made. Now come the late comers and as always the get wingohockingmoyamensinged.

image.aspx?f=1&id=1081268

Chart ?ffnen

Foxy-

Of course you're right, but check out the PandF ATR(20) Chart-Triple top breakout 13 April, Objective 700+/-. Might still be money to be made, if one can figure out which comonents to buy.

http://tinyurl.com/daqvg

Edit: Add link to chart

alceringa,

Almost a year ago, Richard Russell mentioned water stocks as an attractive group. One that he liked a lot, Consolidated Water (CWCO), has moved 50%, interesting story, but not much liquidity! :lol: (No pun intended!)

Archived