Who Gets the Finger This Time

Rate this topic

The market has given the finger. Fully inserted. The bull/bear prostate exam is complete. The question is, who gets the F You? Who survived the experience and who didn't? 

The chart pattern on the ES 24 hour S&P futures is stunning in its incoherence.  At least the hourly cycle oscillators look bullish. Or do they? The upside momentum is waning at the moment. Trend spport is rising from 5045 at 7 AM ET to 5067 at the NY close. 

Resistance is declining from 5082 to 5076. Between those lines is the deciding not to decide zone. The Fed Doesn’t Matter Any More May 1, 2024

14no2-

For moron the markets, see:   

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My personal life has gotten in the way of work today, for which I apologize. The gold report will be posted tomorrow. Nothing new anyway. 

I am even sure that America under Trump will take care of itself because there will be regular marches, protests and maybe even a civil war.

2 minutes ago, SiP said:

I am even sure that America under Trump will take care of itself because there will be regular marches, protests and maybe even a civil war.

That's been my thought.  Hard to predict how this will turn out. He has an enormous amount of support. In the US, a majority isn't needed. 

I know you guys don't like Kennedy but if he gets even a little respect out of the media, IMO he has a shot at getting 10% out of Trump and 10% out of Biden and that could be enough.  He is a California guy with deep roots in NY and New England.  Again, just my opinion, but with the right media and social media he could appeal to those in those key states that are unhappy with the present circumstance........   and everybody is unhappy with the present circumstance from both sides.

Don't want to start anything but I hate seeing him ignored, not trying to sell him.

More inflation and commodities are baked into the future already. regardless of the winner IMO.

Yes, that possible according to perplexity.ai

Yes, there have been several U.S. presidential elections with three or more major candidates:

• 1860: Abraham Lincoln (Republican), Stephen Douglas (Northern Democrat), John Breckinridge (Southern Democrat), and John Bell (Constitutional Union)
  • 1892: Grover Cleveland (Democrat), Benjamin Harrison (Republican), and James Weaver (Populist)
  • 1912: Woodrow Wilson (Democrat), William Taft (Republican), and Theodore Roosevelt (Progressive/"Bull Moose")
  • 1924: Calvin Coolidge (Republican), John Davis (Democrat), and Robert La Follette (Progressive)
  • 1948: Harry Truman (Democrat), Thomas Dewey (Republican), and Strom Thurmond (States' Rights Democratic/"Dixiecrat") 1968: Richard Nixon (Republican), Hubert Humphrey (Democrat), and George Wallace (American Independent) 1980: Ronald Reagan (Republican), Jimmy Carter (Democrat), and John Anderson (Independent) 1992: Bill Clinton (Democrat), George H.W. Bush (Republican), and Ross Perot (Independent)
  • 1996: Bill Clinton (Democrat), Bob Dole (Republican), and Ross Perot (Reform)
  • 2000: George W. Bush (Republican), Al Gore (Democrat), and Ralph Nader (Green)
  • 2016: Donald Trump (Republican), Hillary Clinton (Democrat), and Gary Johnson (Libertarian)
  • So in summary, there have been several U.S. presidential elections with three or more major candidates, including in 1860, 1892, 1912, 1924, 1948, 1968, 1980, 1992, 1996, 2000, and 2016.

How can a third presidential candidate run? How is this possible?

Based on the search results provided, there are a few key ways a third presidential candidate can run in the U.S. elections:

• As an independent or third-party candidate: The search results indicate that there have been several U.S. presidential elections with three or more major candidates, including candidates from independent or third parties like the Populist, Progressive, Reform, Green, and Libertarian parties.
  • By legally changing their name: The search results mention a 35-year-old Texas man who legally changed his name to "Literally Anybody Else" and is running for president in 2024 as an independent candidate, hoping to provide an alternative to the two major party candidates.
  • Through a third-party movement like No Labels: The search results explain that the third-party movement No Labels has decided to field a presidential candidate in the 2024 election, though they have not yet announced their nominee. No Labels aims to appeal to voters dissatisfied with the two major parties.

However, the search results also suggest that third-party and independent presidential candidates face significant challenges in the current U.S. political system. They tend to receive low vote shares and have difficulty gaining ballot access and media coverage. The search results indicate it is "close to impossible" for a third-party candidate to actually win the presidency outright. So in summary, while it is possible for a third presidential candidate to run, the current political landscape makes it extremely difficult for them to be successful. The two-party system is deeply entrenched, and third-party candidates often end up playing the role of "spoiler" rather than winning the election.

Don't seriously disagree with any of that.  But "close to impossible" in seriously deranged times may have a sliver of a chance that would not otherwise be possible.

I'm almost as old as Doc (actually maybe older - 74) and I vividly remember the Kennedy phenomenon of the 60s.  With the right social media strategy and with the cultural upheaval, there are a lot of people that would like a "time out" from the 2 parties and turn to an alternative..  The guy is really really bright.