Air Pockety Day 10 - 4/12/24

Rate this topic

If the market isn't flying through the air with the greatest of ease, it's stuck. The overnight was stuck, but it's showing signs of letting go here at 5:30 AM ET, 11:30 AM Central European Time. 

Here's the hourly ES, 24 hour S&P fuguetures.  Chef Says Choose One from Column A Or One from Column B

14dbmd

Is it my imagination or has this been difficult to trade for the past two weeks?

The usual semi regular 4-5 day cycle pattern has been displaced by an irregular, noise driven flip flop pattern. The hourly oscillators are giving a top signal here. But time suggests that a 5 day cycle low would normally be due today. We see trend spport around 5188 and additional trend spport about 10 points lower. If that band holds, then this wild pattern could turn into a big base. A breakout through 5228 would have a measured move implied target of 5305. 

If they break through the rising spport lines, then a test of the lows in the 5130s would be in order. Then we'll see. Swing Trade Screen Picks – Well Hedged List Gives Steady Performance in the Wild Market

For moron the markets, see:   

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Is it my imagination or has this been difficult to trade for the past two weeks?"

I have had to fight like hell just to only lose double digits for the day.  the normal patterns I trade into are inverted and not their normal reliability.  I should be getting rich on the PM move, but I am so scared of the precipitous drop that always comes out of nowhere that I am barely in it.

Don't know whether to call this a breakdown or a stepdown. There are multiple spport lines on the way down. Some broken already, more to come. The next is 5104.  

41 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Don't know whether to call this a breakdown or a stepdown. There are multiple spport lines on the way down. Some broken already, more to come. The next is 5104.  

They know it and they're gonna stave that off for now. 

• DrStool changed the title to Air Pockety Day 10 - 4/12/24
  • DrStool locked this topic
  • DrStool unlocked this topic