Stocks Can't Go Post Bonds - 3/29/24

Rate this topic

Monday reversed Friday and Tuesday morning reversed Monday. The hourly chart of the ES 24 hour futures is starting to look toppy as bonds stand poised to resume their recent selloff. An incipient 5 day cycle up phase has fallen apart, and suddenly there's a rare red channel on the chart. The bottom of that channel drops from 5125 as of 8 AM ET to 5120 at 10 AM. 

That should hold and generate a rebound. If it doesn't all hell could break loose. If it holds, I'd look for a rebound back to 5140-45 before the selling returns in anticipation of Uncle Jay's circus being a disappointing show as inflation takes on new life.  A Top is In, But Which One Is It March 17, 2024

141s6s

For moron the markets, see:  Swing Trade Screen Picks – Adding Stops to Take Profits March 17, 2024

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, DrStool said:

Rate cuts are bullish. 

So are rate hikes. 

Neither, also. 

QT - bullish

QE - bullish

even QBO - bullish, what is QBO? Quasi-biennial oscillation presents opposite wind directions every two years in the tropical lower-stratospheric zonal wind,

2 hours ago, DrStool said:

If it holds, I'd look for a rebound back to 5140-45 before the selling returns

OK. Here we are. Let's see. 

When you read about those Nsidious chips with 200 billion transistors, it's kinda scary. 

I remember listening to Wilt score 100 points on a 6 transistor radio. Imagine what he coulda done with billions of transistors. 

1 hour ago, DrStool said:

No  5 day or 2-3 day cycle projections yet. 

But I do have a onesie. 

Done, and we have a new 5 day cycle projection of 5225. No 2-3 day cycle projection. 4 day basis is 5190. 4 day duration has been common in recent times. That would put the top ideally Tamara. 

Anything special going on Tamara?