Buy and Hold at 5000? 2/8/24

Rate this topic

As of the New York Open Today  

2 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Feeling a little warm? You should. It's 5000 degrees out there. 

First, a little perspective. Here's a look at the 5 hour bars on the ES, 24 hour S&P futures going back to the October 27 low. Now, in terms of day trading only, because that's what we do here, what would you do today? Buy or sell short? 

13dbwc

Now let's zoom in to the 2 hour bars. Again, strictly on the basis of day trading, as of the NY open today, what would you rather do? Buy or sell short? 

13db--

Now, just looking at the usual 1 hour bars, in a vacuum, assuming you had not seen the first two charts, what would you prefer to do on the NY open? Buy or sell short? 

13dc28

Interesting perspective, huh?

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

Liz Warren is great. She speaks truth. Apparently others don't agree with me, or think that her claiming Native American ancestry was worth the death penalty. I don't agree. I think that she's coming from a good place. One of the few politicians who is. 

The American political system is melting down because the Nazi playbook works until the world blows up. And then it doesn't. 

Unfortunately, the next war won't just kill millions. It will kill billions. Maybe everybody. 

• Like 1

I check my Twitter followers every so often. I've topped out around 5785. Haven't been able to crack that since Elon took over.

If there was a scandal at Tesla, would it be Elongate? 

37 minutes ago, DrStool said:

I check my Twitter followers every so often. I've topped out around 5785. Haven't been able to crack that since Elon took over.

If there was a scandal at Tesla, would it be Elongate? 

There is a scandal at Tesla.  Elon's rampant drug use.

After a while, any decent useful data series published by the Fed or Treasury gets cancelled. Now it's the monthly TBAC issuance estimate. They've watered it down to quarterly on a net issuance basis, and monthly just shows gross issuance. So we won't know ahead of time what the net issuance schedule for each bi monthly auction is.  

I could estimate it based on the original issuance less what the Fed bought during QE, but it wouldn't be a productive use of time.  The correlation is too loose, low track.   

Let's get this show on the road already... just take that last step up to the rooftop before we take the... "Kamikaze from the (5000th) floor, Swan dive to the street"... Motor City MadMan