Resolute Bulls Refuse to Give Ground -1/29/24

Rate this topic

Stocks are holding tightly to Friday's range near the all time highs. At 6:20 AM in New York, the ES, 24 hour S&P futures were trading near the middle of the tiny trading range of the past 3 trading sessions.

The key levels to watch on the downside are 4880, 4875, and 4869. All 3 would need to break to get anything going on the downside. The number to beat on the upside is 4907. In between, yawn. 

Even the hourly oscillators are neutral, but the fact that they haven't dipped below the zero line, is a mildly bullish tilt. I'm working on the Technical Trader update for this week. The cycle projections say that the breakout will be to the upside. But stock screens don't support that... yet. 

136wkd

For moron the markets, see:

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, potatohead said:

Excellent liquidity report. Appreciate the tutorial of the Fed's balance sheet. Sometimes it nice to get a refresher.

1 hour ago, Takachi-1 said:

Ditto.......

Thanks. You are the only two people on Planet Earth who understand my splanations. 🤣🤣🤣

Seriously. Glad you find value!

Fed Balance Sheet Right Now Says Bears Should Get Ready to Rumble

3 hours ago, potatohead said:

Excellent liquidity report. Appreciate the tutorial of the Fed's balance sheet. Sometimes it nice to get a refresher.

36 minutes ago, potatohead said:

trying my best to get you more interest.

Thanks!