The China Bubble

while i was playing with my purple felt hat, something else came up.

the past month has contained an unusually longstanding conjunction of mars (conflict) and uranus (suddenness). ?this is a singularly volatile aspect; ?mars/uranus combinations are invariably found in the charts of people who are quick tempered or prone to sudden altercations. ?this combination has been conjunct the USA moon (public sentiment) in the USA 3rd house (communication). ?so it's not exactly a shocker that we've had an ongoing wrestlemania of issues: ?the wilson/CIA leak, the kay report, the davis recall, the arnold groping media blitz, the 10-person democratic primary debate, the anti-telemarketing battle, the california spam legislation, the grasso business, the new spitzer offensive, the rush/ESPN thing, et cetera. ?the mars/uranus conjunction is also associated with the various blackouts that we've seen. ?on monday, the moon (again, public, emotions) joins this mars/uranus conjunction. ?this has all the earmarks of a brief public spasm of some kind, whether it's an escalation of a media conflict, an internet or globex disruption, a surge in emotional volatility (trading mania or panic), an attack on the technological infrastructure, or....who knows what.

something else is taking place at the same time. ?saturn, already conjunct the USA sun, is squaring the sun which - weirdly enough - is conjunct the USA saturn. ?double your bummer at no extra cost. ?while saturn typically is not associated with surprises or sudden events, afflictions to the USA sun-saturn square often are associated with economic or leadership difficulties. ?so some piece of bad news may emerge and weigh things down.

strangely enough, all this is exact at just about 9:30 am on monday. ?could be an unusual open.

usa&6oct03.gif

Can you assign quantitative probabilities to these predictions, since it sounds like they are based on historical correlations, eg., blocked Uranus -> time of great distress, etc.?

yes. the multiplicity of variables makes it tough to isolate the behavior of any one planet, but with specific parameters many coincidences do emerge. ray merriman has worked with mountains of planetary data to extract recurring patterns, like that the probability "of a 4% move is 75% within 4 trading days of venus trine uranus, and 78% within 4 trading days of venus trine mars." things like that.

it's also important how these aspects interface with the chart under consideration, whether it's that of a person, company, or country. much has been made (as mentioned above by chasmo) of the correlation between hard aspects (90 or 180 degrees) to the mars-neptune square in the USA chart and panics in the financial market: while a 'crash' doesn't happen every time an outer planet makes a hard aspect to the mars-neptune square, all significant panics have taken place during one of those such times. another one would be that every time saturn in capricorn squares another outer planet in aries, and they both square the saturn-sun square in the USA birthchart, a depression ensues (1840s, 1870s, 1930s).

the problem with isolating the probabilities associated with a complex set of aspects (like above: moon conjunct mars conjunct uranus, all conjunct USA moon; and at the same time sun conjunct USA saturn squaring saturn conjunct USA sun) is that it's sufficiently complex that it may not have happened for several centuries, well before there was a USA. :blink: in which case you have no choice but to right-brain it, and extrapolate from the known correlations.

i don't use astrology to trade in any specific, literal sense, but rather to identify probabilities during particular time periods (like saturn entering cancer = hit to housing). i'm not aware of any website that lays all the discovered statistical probabilities out for free, but that doesn't mean that one couldn't google for days on end to amass them. i just don't happen to have done it.

in the case of monday morning, my best guess is that we'll have an open that's a bit more spastic than usual, accompanied by some 'bad' news about the wilson thing or iraq. in this Up Is Down market, i don't see any reason why we couldn't get some depressing news and have a huge manic rally. <_<

anyway, happy to provide more info or specifics, just ask.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FlockO, that really scks. I'd stick to my guns and write them a demand letter pointing out that these are the same coins they delivered to you, and threaten legal action, if necessary (put a cc to a lawyer friend). They will cave - no body goes to court over 3 grand because their legal fees will be 10X that.

Interesting-is he right?? From Robert Prechter-Oct.3/2003 "The 3.3 year cycle is not just BEARISH now it is very BEARISH. The 3,3 year cycle is dominant, and it points down hard until approximately the end of 2004. Thus the next year or so should see a relentless---if not breathtaking---DECLINE. The S&P and DOW charts may not appear to be doing anything dramatic, but this is nothing less than a historic juncture in the stock market. The Fed has run out of ammunition. It can no longer lower reserve requirements which are at zero and it has no room to lower rates. In other words, it threw all its defenses at the enemy (deflation) and now stands naked and unarmed. In fact the Fed made the enemy stronger because the defence consisted of pushing more and more consumers businesses and investors into debt. Debt is the enemy's fuel. Speculators should be doubly short the stock market at least until the end of 2004" Trade Safe!

Bulls can always find excuses for why the market is doing what it is. If necessary, they have no qualms about resorting to outright lies.

I also find it striking that their lies are conveniently times at such key technical levels, on a consistent basis. Like yesterday, for instance. I've been following some of the fucutures charts, as opposed to the cash market, and there are some subtle yet striking differences in the technicals. Here is the Dow.

post-7-1065289326.png

Sheeples- Yes-you were ripped but I would suggest if you simply walked into any reputable dealer with a storefront-they would have bought them immediately at the going rate-the price dropped and when you deal by mail they can pull the stunt they did. Someone said the other day I think it was Lou his bank wouldn't give him a Gold secured loan. If you have wafers or bars that bear the refiners stamp (e.g-Johnson Mathey) and the certificate of purity you receive when you purchase they will grant you a demand loan or interest only loan, on coins most banks will NOT take them as collateral. Trade Safe!

major crapper,

thansk very much! Look what that bull wrote: "the current accoutn deficit as percentage of GDP is even less thna in the 70s and 80s- Today rates are lower, so why should this be a probelm for the marekts?" I mean like Doc aid, that is nothing else but a PURE lie! Incredible!

Has anyone ever used or subscribed to traderriskmanagement.comClick Here ?

They use Hurst too, they use those sigma bands and claim that they are very succesfull.

Anotherquestion: There is a guy who also uses those sigma bands, his website is called mkcycles.com or something like that. Doc once recommended him too. Does anyone know how his site is exactly called?

I do.

In the absence of a real local gold exchange, don't TRADE physical.

If I wanted to trade I would trade my miners. I was simply lightening up my position based on the cmap projections and the COT. Thanks, though.

I so like to hear comments where Doc's cmap projections are taken seriously, because there really is no better guide to one's strategy.

All the best in your future trading in all of the financial arenas. May the best gladiators win it all.

Question to anyone:

How can I completely extract this annoying msn Messenger pain in the ass thing that is annoying the heck out of me when Norton keeps telling me every minute that it's trying to access the internet. I don't message with anyone, don't want to, and consider this annoying piece of trash on my computer as invasive and downright complicit in my growing distrust of the security of my internet experiences. I uninstalled it at the Add, Remove Programs, supposedly, deleted evry damn thing I could find related to it and it still annoys the heck out of me. Thanx in advance to anyone who would care to enlighten me on this horrid crap in my compuker.

You might have to use a utility program that will remove automatically starting programs from the registry. (I'm assuming we are talking Windows here.)

The one I use is called Xcleaner. Its free to demo. It also does lots of other clean-up type operations for the snoop paranoid (such as myself).

Link

Look what that bull wrote: "the current accoutn deficit as percentage of GDP is even less thna in the 70s and 80s- Today rates are lower, so why should this be a probelm for the marekts?"

What can you expect from bulls though?

However, he possibly means the Federal deficit. Not to worry though, I expect that will soon be scoring new lows too, notwithstanding the almost pathetically hopeful projections of sustained turnaround baked in to forecasts.

BTW, one thing that optimists invariably cite when comparing the US Federal deficit with other economies is that they are very close to meeting the Maastricht criteria. However, first of all Federal taxes account for a much smaller percentage of GDP than in Europe thereby severely distorting the basis for comparison and secondly the States are haemorrhaging cash.

post-7-1065293513.gif

The new payment service is now functional. For those who cannot or do not wish to use Paypal.

The new button is on the subscribatory page. Click Here

Doc is offering a special 15 day introductory trial for just $2.99 via the new secure payment gateway. Check it out!

BTW, one thing that optimists invariably cite when comparing the US Federal deficit with other economies is that they are very close to meeting the Maastricht criteria.  However, first of all Federal taxes account for a much smaller percentage of GDP than in Europe thereby severely distorting the basis for comparison and secondly the States are haemorrhaging cash.

Heck, I don't know how to compare the US to Europe and wouldn't know where to begin.

For instance, when people compare the tax in say, France or Germany, to the US federal Tax rate is this fair? I mean it's really the total gubmint burden of which the US federal tax is but one component. You really need to add up:

- federal tax

- state tax

- property tax

- excise tax

- tariffs

- estate taxes

- hunting 'fees'

- car licencing 'fees'

- etc.

Secondly, when comparing the relative federal deficit to overall GDP some very significant differences in GDP measurement make this number virtually meaningless. As far as I am aware, the Euro nations do not resort to quality-enhancing the computer spend or imputing the value of free checking or any number of other statistical garbage.

Worse yet, in the US 2Q GDP figure, inflation was assumed to be less than 1/2 of it's value in the first quarter! Of course, not having to subtract a larger inflation number from the 'real' GDP growth helps a lot AND it helps out on the COLA stuff too. I'm not aware that inflation can take such wild swings in other countries GDP assessments.

Just stripping out the inflation deflator, hedonic and imputed adjustments and the US GDP went nowhere either for the past few years - check the real figures if you don't believe me.

Anybody from the Euro-zone able to help out in understanding these differences?

For the sake of argument, I calculate that various gubmint agencies extract about 50% of every dollar I earn.

I sold 10 ozs. $2 from the top last thurs. to tulving co. (newport beach) and promptly shipped them off. delivered on sat. I emailed tulving to make sure everything was received OK and was informed a check was going out on thursday. I just received a priority mail package back from them containing my coins with a letter stating that "they were not of the quality they sell to their customers" but the funny thing is that I originally purchased the coins from them. Coincidentally they were mailed out after gold's asswhuppin yesterday. anyone have any thoughts on this? :angry:

That is alarming. I have bought quite a few ounces of gold from tulving (Hannes). If this is how he handles this situation I am concerned.

Sounds like Hannes screwed you royally.

Archived