Yo Yo Yo Yo Yo

howard in nyc,

I forgot to add the Davis connection. I graduated from the UC Davis school of Engineering, Class of 1982. Just in time to catch the worst of the Reagan recession when NOBODY was hiring! :lol: <=== That is now, this was then... ===> :(

Can you imagine the kids graduating the next few years with the US economy shot to hell? There are going to be a lot of PH.Ds and MBAs working the drive through at Micky D's. Those with only BA's and BS's will be joining the illegals as maids, gardeners, picking lettuce in the fields...

If I was graduating with a BSCE today, I would just go straight to grad school rather than waste the next 2 or 3 years working at the local car wash.

I'm not surprised your friends thought you were nuts for moving to NYC. Many Californians think they and their state are the be-all and end-all.

I was told New Yawkers are rude. I didn't find them rude. I found them direct. They just speak their mind. The way I see it, at least New Yorkers have the courtesy to stare in your eye and stab you squarely in the chest. Californians smile to your face and wait until your back is turned to stab you. I'll take direct New Yorkers any day. At least I always know what they are thinking without the duplicitous friendly act from Californians.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi, Doc.  Can I call you Doc?

[...]

I figured, if the free stuff in M2M is THIS good, then the secret stuff must be REALLY good.  I need the best information on the planet and I almost subscribed to iTulip but realized I won't find better information than here.

[...]

So my plan is to lurk and learn, but now that I have posting rights, I will sometimes be tempted to spout off with some inane comment without any useful information about this crisis or the economy.  When I do that, give a tap and squeeze me back into my bottle.

[...]

Jim "the new subscribing bottom indicator" Ferreira, from Yuba City, CA (the BIG Cowpie)

699163[/snapback]

Best introduction post in a long time. :)

Keep them posts coming.

Bloomberg reporting that the US govt is going to buy 'equity' in US firms so my guess is you are right. Hope so cause i have quite a lot of long positions.

But 'buy equity' WTF? So what happened to 'free markets'

699125[/snapback]

Yeah, this is getting ridiculous. Soon "free markets" will mean something more along the lines of "free healthcare."

"No, the market's not free in the sense of price discovery... it's free in the sense that EVERYONE gets a 'free' 401K now!"

How do we save this country? :ph34r:

GENERAL MOTORS IN TALKS WITH CERBERUS TO ACQUIRE CHRYSLER: REPORTS

Just read the blurb on marketcrotch....

The stupidity never ends,One bankrupt company buying another bankrupt company???? 

:ph34r:  :ph34r:  :mellow:

699192[/snapback]

"Cerberus would keep Chrysler's financing arm - and probably would combine it with GMAC.

According to the WSJ, GM would expect about $10 billion in savings by combining the automotive operations.

"

GM chewing off its financing arm (which was the only profitable bit some time ago), will it survive the hemorrhage?

On the other side of the trade Cerberus got three brains and good gubermint connections to take GMAC's assets and hawk them to the taxpayer at face value. Just in time to get a piece of the 700Bi windfall. :angry:

post-2204-1223726911.jpg

WARREN AND THE WEIRD REACTION

I was always amazed when GS common popped when warren committed that great act of financial robbery 10% prefs.

Didnt the common shareholders realise what was happeining???

Warren was basically stealing the dividend flow out of the common shareholders pockets.

It was like a big dog stealing the little dogs bone.

And what did the the little dog do - it barked with hapiness and wagged its tail !!!:ph34r:

The diversion of cash flow to warren is BAD for the common.....BAD!!!!!!!!!

The common should have gone down on the news not up.

Did warren actually BUY any of the common.....NO he didnt :ph34r:

Indeed the whole structure of the deal is for Warren to get a large cash flow OUT of the company.

I just have this feeling that today's low will hold for a few 'weeks'.? :lol:

No, seriously..i think anyone that bought today will be in for a nice ride to the upside.

If i'm wrong, you can take this post and slap me silly.

699115[/snapback]

I tend to agree. Volume on the SPX was enormous and the sharp intraday low but (almost) flat close seems to indicate selling exhaustion. Although the slap down from the late-day high gives me pause... but this action could be explained by greedy short-sellers who have made enough profit of late to become overly-aggressive and fearless. We'll see on Monday.

The sharp selloff in gold also seems to confirm that equities now look more attractively-priced relative to gold (I'm bearish on gold right now anyway, and think the recent action was basically a "flight to quality" and hence unsustainable).

So, with my hat in one hand and a salt-shaker in the other (in case I need to eat my hat) -- I'm predicting we've reached a near-term bottom for stocks, and near-term top for gold w/ Friday's action. It's tough to do this confidently considering the possibility of black swan events... but nonetheless, I will line up next to Madness for silly-slapping if the need presents itself. :huh:

Hard to make money on this, though, even if I'm right, because I generally use calls to play a rally -- and most prices are anywhere for 60-300% higher than they normally would be.

(Full disclosure: still holding onto 1/10th of my original Dec. SPX puts "just in case!" I'm completely wrong. (I'd like to limit my eating to my hat, and not also have to eat my profits.) Sold the rest out in stages this week, culminating with the last few today @ 850 for a ridiculous gain.)

Gold isn't money, it is gold. When people think of money, they think of the US Dollar. They do not consider anything else money because for their entire lives they have known that the dollar is money. This is worldwide. The dollar is real money.

Gold is something that can be traded in for money, like an aluminum can, a glass bottle, or a chunk of silver.

Maybe 1% of the US population considers gold money, and sadly, they are in the minority.

699149[/snapback]

When we europeans think about money we think about German Marks or Suisse Francs

The dollar went from 30 to 70 back to 30 Belgian francs

My father spent four years incarcerated in Germany so I am not pro anything except the German Mark

So if I say money is the ole German Mark or the Suisse Franc I mean it

The dollar was a yoyo

I forget the constituents of the $0EX but doesn't it lean toward Finagler content?

just for the exercise...OEX members...

AA, AAPL, ABT, AEP, AES, AIG, ALL, AMGN, AVP, AXP, BA, BAC, BAX, BHI, BK, BMY, BNI, BUD, C, CAT, CBS, CI, CL, CMCSA, COF, COP, COV, CPB, CSCO, CVS, CVX, DD, DELL, DIS, DOW, EMC, EP, ETR, EXC, F, FDX, GD, GE, GOOG, GS, HAL, HD, HIG, HNZ, HON, HPQ, IBM, INTC, IP, JNJ, JPM, KFT, KO, MA, MCD, MDT, MER, MMM, MO, MRK, MS, MSFT, NOV, NSC, NYX, ORCL, OXY, PEP, PFE, PG, PM, QCOM, RF, RTN, S, SLB, SLE, SO, T, TGT, TWX, TXN, TYC, UNH, UPS, USB, UTX, VZ, WB, WFC, WMB, WMT, WY, XOM, XRX

hypertiger is in canda?

My Webpage

Meyer Amschel Bauer said...

Um, I thought Hypertiger was YOU (Ms. Henderson - female), not "HE", whose work you were saving by posting it on your blog. So just who is Hypertiger anyway??

Inquiring minds want to know.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 8:21:00 PM

Cheryl-Lynn? Rose Henderson said...

I think I can safely reveal 'HE' lives in Canada with his wife and children. :-)

Thursday, October 09, 2008 8:25:00 PM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"hypertiger" is Somewhere in LA : Ca, France

My Webpage

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i guess shes some sort of hypertiger medium :rolleyes:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

this gets more and more wierd

and, civil war II-  http://www.resist.com/CWII.pdf

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and the other usual real fringe stuff. really interesting

abiotic oil, dark energy :)

699180[/snapback]

I guess my cries of fraud and foul must have hit home. I also posted links to another site that stole his material from here before he got mad and deleted it all.

I got to know him pretty well when he was here and even gave him his own forum. But he couldn't live with my rules. As the moderator of his own forum he had the ability to delete his posts and one day most of them just disappeared.

Yes, he's Canadian. God knows whether he's still alive or not.

When we europeans think about money we think about German Marks or Suisse Francs

The dollar went from 30 to 70 back to 30 Belgian francs

My father spent four years incarcerated in Germany so I am not pro anything except the German Mark

So if I say money is the ole German Mark or the Suisse Franc I mean it

The dollar was a yoyo

699222[/snapback]

Ageka,

Regarding gold and silver, I just checked the dealer premiums from a few dealers who have silver eagles and the premiums went from $4.99 yesterday to $5.99 over night. Also checked ebay for current selling prices of completed auctions and silver eagles are selling for $20/oz. Even mint boxes are selling for $19.40/oz. It is obvious that the comex paper market is not even close to reality.

The dealers have raised the premiums for 1 oz gold eagles to $99 over spot. My first batch of krugs 5 years ago were $8 over spot.

Welcome aboard Jim "the new subscribing bottom indicator" Ferreira, from Yuba City, CA.  This is a great community here and it looks like you're adding more bytes and bandwidth to it.

699193[/snapback]

:lol:

We'll teach Jim to be a little more succinct! :D

Archived