Market Souffle 4/29/24

Rate this topic

I will start with the 2 hour bars of the ES 24 hour S&P futures, just to give you some perspective of what a beautiful bottom we've just come through. It has a conventional measured move target of 5250. 

But wait, is that a little rounded top forming since Friday's close? If they take this back below 5095, then it could be. Below that, the rally could be extinguished. The 2 hour bar based cycle oscillators are certainly extended, so I can't rule this out. They Walked the Line

14lbfh

On the other hand, looking at the 1 hour bars, I suspect that this could go into trending mode on the upside. If they clear 5116 with a little oomph, the sky's the limit. 

14lbg6

For moron the markets, see:   

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, potatohead said:

Market lower as Treasury boosts April-June borrowing estimates to $243 billion from $202 billion - Q3 $847 billion, when the Fed likely slows QT

Isn't that special. And yet, you would think that the Treasury market would sell off on that nooze. But No-o-o-oo-o