The Right Stuff

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Here's the (stupid) reason XLNX is up:

Xilinx, Inc. (Nasdaq: XLNX) today announced the immediate availability of a minimal HyperTransport? (HT-Lite)

I love it -- HyperTransport, HT, like HyperTiger :D

I'll check into it later. I've got a lot of shit at the Rock Quarry I've got to deal with this morning but, off hand that sounds like the daily press release garbage these companies put out every other day. That is more likely harmless PR. I think it's a nasty gap back.

Torah man, it depends.

I trade mostly the QQQs. For them I try to play the intermediate-term swings. Take a look at the charts in the trends marked as IMPORTANT in my forum - they show most of the indicators I watch. I normally take a position when I get confirming signals from several indicators - the BPIs and the Summation Index are my favorites.

Although I do TA on shorter time frames and of other stocks, I do that only to practice and hone my TA skills; I don't trade them.

The way I handle gold stocks (currently around 40% of my portforlio) is quite different, though. I wouldn't call it exactly "trading". There I have a few stocks I like and I try to own them while they are above their 50-dmas. Meaning that I sell them if they drop below and buy them back when the rise above this dma. The purpose of this strategy is not to maximize trading profits (it doesn't) but to make sure that I stay with the general uptrend, don't miss a major move up, and am protected against a reversal. I consider the 50-dma something like a trailing stop.

Independent of that, my panic level for POG is 325. If gold closes below that, I won't be holding anything gold-related - provided that I haven't already sold by then according to the 50-dma rule. The reason behind this is that it took so much time to penetrate this line when it was resistance - if it isn't a similarly strong support, then something is very wrong in goldland.

Regards,

Vesselin

Archived