Bully trapped....Douches happy

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dow 1 hour

(it is that CFD which trades 24 hours, as far as i know in the US you are not allowed to trade CFD's)

red lined = R2

red dotted = R1

black dotted = pivot

green dotted = S1

green lined = S2

as we can see at 10261 we have double res of 38 fibo and pivot, thaqts probably a nice short entry, R1 at 10362 is also nice because thats shy away from fridays top and thursdays close, thats HUGE Res in the short term now.

If we go down again on monday one should consider covering shy in front of 10 000, because right there is S2.

I would be carefull here. We did go down almost 600 points in just 3 trading days. I will not hesitate to go long on monday if I get a signal to do so.

note: I trade short term. Which means if I say I go long, that does not mean for a position trade.

post-510-1264320895_thumb.png

I do think mining stocks are due for a bounce here......it's a markit of stocks, not a stock market

a stitch in time saves nine

don't fart into the wind

a penny saved is a penny earned (more like four pennies today, due to taxes)

bulls make money, bears make money, and then pigmen take it all away

I have enjoyed both your works with Elliot Wave over the years here.

What sort of preliminary downside target range you guys see for this, if you're reading it properly?

Ty, Jimi. Not ready to start throwing out downside targets just yet -- prefer to wait for confirmation that this actually is a significant top, and not just another Bear burner... although, as I said, it looks promising. So no forecast at the moment -- maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of yer life. :rolleyes:

OT: Looks like I missed out on some Stool House Rock drama in the not-too-distant past. I'm damn curious after seeing Doc unloading on him: What the hell did Rationalize do to rank up to the top of the Steaming, Fetid Pile of Sh*t List?

Psyche Doctor, is there any chance we are not finished with B? Few guys that I follow and I think are worthy of respect, are looking for correction here and then final high in the next 3 to 5 months. TIA

Yes, there is definitely the possibility that we are not finished with wave B. In reality, we may not even be done with the the rising wedge. Also, we are not even below the 1080-85 level on the SPX - it hasn't even been tested yet. If we do manage to get below the 1085 area, there is an unfilled gap right below around 1070 that could get filled and act as support. The hardest counts in elliot wave are almost always the corrective ones and this one seems to be no different. Right now if this thing really has topped, then the wave B looks to be a triple zigzag. Also, we could be getting a deeper correction/pullback here that would lead to a final high in the next 3 to 5 months - that should seriously be considered. Maybe the final high in the second quarter would coincide with all those Alt-A mortgages that are suppose to reset. Who knows. In the last ten years, we have had a decent pullback around this time with the exception of one, 2006. So, seasonally we are due and the SPX has already had nearly 60 points lopped off. My only suggestion is to pay close attention to price at the key levels and not worry so much about the overall wave count. You can bet that the decline so far has caught many complacent bulls off guard and this decline does look promising on the surface, but as I mentioned earlier, in reality, nothing really has been achieved other than a fast dip.

Below is a chart by talented elliottician Fibbo showing that we may, indeed, not be done yet:

post-350-1264326862_thumb.png

Yes, there is definitely the possibility that we are not finished with wave B. In reality, we may not even be done with the the rising wedge. Also, we are not even below the 1080-85 level on the SPX - it hasn't even been tested yet. If we do manage to get below the 1085 area, there is an unfilled gap right below around 1070 that could get filled and act as support. The hardest counts in elliot wave are almost always the corrective ones and this one seems to be no different. Right now if this thing really has topped, then the wave B looks to be a triple zigzag. Also, we could be getting a deeper correction/pullback here that would lead to a final high in the next 3 to 5 months - that should seriously be considered. Maybe the final high in the second quarter would coincide with all those Alt-A mortgages that are suppose to reset. Who knows. In the last ten years, we have had a decent pullback around this time with the exception of one, 2006. So, seasonally we are due and the SPX has already had nearly 60 points lopped off. My only suggestion is to pay close attention to price at the key levels and not worry so much about the overall wave count. You can bet that the decline so far has caught many complacent bulls off guard and this decline does look promising on the surface, but as I mentioned earlier, in reality, nothing really has been achieved other than a fast dip.

Below is a chart by talented elliottician Fibbo showing that we may, indeed, not be done yet:

post-350-1264326862_thumb.png

Not to mention the possibility that we're about to finish or just finished only (a) of B. The rally seemed intense enough to qualify as the entire B wave, but there's simply no way to know yet. Have to judge as it unfolds.

Not to mention the possibility that we're about to finish or just finished only (a) of B. The rally seemed intense enough to qualify as the entire B wave, but there's simply no way to know yet. Have to judge as it unfolds.

Exactly, most are thinking that the entire wave B has or is nearly completed, because we have rallied so much it seems so logical. But you are right, there is the looming and terrifying possibility that this is only (a) of B.

Time for a break.

If anyone misses my charts, PM me. [Or email for those who have my address.]

Good luck, and may your shorts go to zero !! :ninja:

p.s. Cheers Doc. My posts probably don't attract many readers, and my charts usually get less than 20 clicks.. You're running a business here, and I respect that.

I've been around this board a long time and here are my thoughts:

Lee Adler is a really nice guy; hard working and dedicated to his craft and his wonderful family.

Dr Stool is funny, witty, endearing and charming, with just that right dash of sarcasim to be a great host for us.

Ayatollah Stool is a bully, a thug and a prick of the highest and first order, who tends to wreck Dr. Stool's efforts by sometimes chasing away talented members.

Ayatollah Stool's irrational appearances are rare, unpredictable, inexplicable and best forgotten.

Just keep posting and ignore the Ayatollah.

I like your stuff. Others do to.

Just keep posting, please.

Ta

I've been around this board a long time and here are my thoughts:

Lee Adler is a really nice guy; hard working and dedicated to his craft and his wonderful family.

Dr Stool is funny, witty, endearing and charming, with just that right dash of sarcasim to be a great host for us.

Ayatollah Stool is a bully, a thug and a prick of the highest and first order, who tends to wreck Dr. Stool's efforts by sometimes chasing away talented members.

Ayatollah Stool's irrational appearances are rare, unpredictable, inexplicable and best forgotten.

Just keep posting and ignore the Ayatollah.

I like your stuff. Others do to.

Just keep posting, please.

Ta

Ayatollah Stool (AS) from the post is very frustrated and I believe rightfully so with the events that are evolving. I moved back to Canada and AS has a Canadian retreat. I cannot immagine any baby boomer who has not been extremely upset with what is happening. How do you take advange of whats happening? A trader is interested in the trend and uses it. My response has been physical PM and beening aware of what I am dependent on. This is obviously true with many others on the board.

This is a better place to vent then that at family and friends. I do not take this board personally.

Ty, Jimi. Not ready to start throwing out downside targets just yet -- prefer to wait for confirmation that this actually is a significant top, and not just another Bear burner... although, as I said, it looks promising. So no forecast at the moment -- maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but soon, and for the rest of yer life. :rolleyes:

OT: Looks like I missed out on some Stool House Rock drama in the not-too-distant past. I'm damn curious after seeing Doc unloading on him: What the hell did Rationalize do to rank up to the top of the Steaming, Fetid Pile of Sh*t List?

I probably just overreacted. It annoys me no end when one member acts like he has all the answers, especially when he doesn't, and then has the gall to tell other stoolies that they don't know what they are talking about. That's what set me off.

I'm bored, so I decided to read a little this weekend. I like this recent statement - "Governments that openly defy the people are either already totalitarian or in the process of becoming so." They did it anyway. http://www.321gold.com/editorials/doughert...erty012210.html

Thanks for that link. Interesting point made that the Health Care / CapnTrade programs are nothing more than new taxes designed to boost the immediate revenue stream.

After I finished reading it, had to take two Prozacs washed down with a good belt of Scotch.

Feeling MUCH better now, but I still can't sleep...

:ninja:

I think you are wrong about me on a number of counts here. I have a limited tolerance for bullshit, more limited than most people's perhaps, but there's also a lot of stuff that I allow that other people would not.

Although I may overreact at times, there's always a reason for my outbursts, and it always has to do with people posting bullshit. There are lots of people with talent who also have a high bullshit quotient. That's too bad. They poison the atmosphere after a point, so they gotta go.

There's also the fact that if I hadn't gotten rid of certain "talented members" then there are other "talented members" whose views I highly value, who may have, in fact would have, left. I have tried to provide an atmosphere where the best of the best feel free to express themselves. When someone goes off course, I always make perfectly clear what it is that they are doing that I think is counterproductive to the needs of this community, and I always give second and third chances.

I don't think Ayatollahs do that.

To paraphrase Richard Nixon, "I am not a prick."

I'm a very forgiving person.

I hold no malice toward anyone except Rush Limbaugh, Glen Beck, Bill O' Reilly, Sean Hannity, and Ronald Reagan. :lol:

And if Rationalize would just stick to posting his charts, and forego the not so subtle editorializing about how stupid other stoolies are, about which he could not be more wrong, he would never have a problem with me.

Archived