IDS World Markets Fri 20th February 09

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, now that Gibbs is done bashing on Santelli, holy crap this is news from the white house??!! (I would like to ask Gibbs if HE read all 1100 pages.)

And now back to our regularly scheduled programming, Getting SPX to 720 in 60 minutes!

Limbaugh's been busting Obama's chops all day long about how far the market is down since his coronation. No way in hell they let him finish the week like that. Not a chance.

Went to a Sunday double header as a kid where both games were extra innings. Got there for batting practice around 11:30 AM, and stayed through the whole thing, till 9:30 that night. Sat on left field foul line General Admission just past third base, in front of the posts at Connie Mack Stadium. Best day of my childhood ever. Wes Covington hit one over the scoreboard in right to win the second game. I remember Lew Burdette falling on his butt failing to field a bunt late in that game that kept it alive for the Phils. Spahn pitched the opener for Milwaukee. I don't recall who pitched for the Phils. Maybe Mahaffey and Short or Dallas Green, who was a pretty lousy pitcher. Best players on the Phils were Covington, Tony Taylor, Johhny Callison, and my favorite, Tony Gonzalez.

What a Braves team though. Aaron, Adcock, Matthews, Crandall, McMillan, Spahn, Burdette. Joe Torre, and the Ueck were backup catchers on that team.

Cubs tickets went on sale this morning. Spent 2 hrs on the phone and internet before finally getting through. What a pain in the a$$.

Picked up seats to the Cubs v. Phillies. How's that for my kids (6 & 4) first Cubs game?

Golds gonna start dropping to once the idiots out there realize all this Fed printing of money isn't finding it's way into the economy as it is being used to fill the capital holes on the bankster balance sheets and is not being lent into the economy, hence NO INFLATION

People are just now figuring out that the dollar has already died. Actually, all fiats are dead at this point. Inflation doesn't matter. Gold is now a global currency exchange.

Gold is real money.....has been for thousands of years.....many would say that it will be for thousands more

Just FYI in case others don't realize it, US gold eagles are legal tender. I looked it up in the treasury codes.

BTW - YEAH BABY! - GOLD $1000!! post-4028-1235158990.gif

Actually, my honest opinion is that WFC will eventually be explicitly nationalized - in the wave following the imminent one that is going to swoop up C & BAC, or even in this initial one.

Shareholders will eventually end up with nothing.

Agreed and after the nationalized banks are IPOed, you can bet that all the regulations will be enforced plus Glass- Stegall will be back ;)

Archived