Gone Shopping

Hey guys, I haven't been around this week. Santa brought me an early Christmas present.

Introducing Emma Loise Porter, born December 18 at 1:15pm. 7 pounds 11 ounces.

I am a very happy guy!

633971[/snapback]

Congratulations. Is she your first? :D

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes, first kid for the wife and I.

633974[/snapback]

Congratulations MD

I know for me it was something between looking at apicture of the Grand Canyon and getting shot out of a Circuis cannon...

May I call your attention to something you MIGHT experience....I say might because of the two other new-parents to whom I previously mentioned this, I have, thus far, not received any corroberation...

It will happen, and without a warning;you'll be standing next to your wife who'll be holding the baby....then in a lightning swoosh,something ,like hearing all of the notes individually played, each one at a time, while someone is glissandoing the piano keys....

The baby will squall, or erupt in laughter, making the incredible bundle of baby facial muscles storm about....

You'll see, as if walking down a portrait gallery while standing still, every face of every member of your family, flashing by, one at a time...No, its not Peyote or mescalin induced.....simple observation is sufficient..

But I was lucky, and caught it: I think you'll have a better chance if observationally prepared.

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Perhaps i''ve remembered this variegated physiognamy as something self-exculpating, something I can forever use to blame other's for the sins i've committed...Anyhow, enjoy!!

I called Bank of America with a simple question and they put some frantic shyster on the line and he tried to push out a maSSive chunk of fresh new $caSSh to me, unsolicited

what the heck is goin' on?

I tell 'em I don't want to borrow no money, they say Sir you aren't borrowing it we're just depositing it into your checking account you can do whatever you want with it, so can I go ahead and make the deposit now can I can I can I

the whole world has gone nuts

all I can figger is the Fed is pressurin' banks to push out money for some reason

it's bizarre

he said 1.9% and I said no thanks then he said OK 1.0%

I thought I was in the twilight zone, but I'm a durn polite fellar, didn't wanna cut him off so he worked himself into quite a frenzy

now that I think about it I shoulda said OK how bout you pay me 1% then I'll take it! :lol:

Maybe I'm paranoid but I'm afraid to go outside anymore, afraid of walking into a Monty Python episode or something, if I go to get donuts is somebuddy gonna jump outta the men's room and start tryin' to shove stacks of $100 bills in my coat pocket?

I'm tellin' ya, sumpthin funny is goin' on out there in the eCONomy

Two more articles for your dining and financing pleasure:

One by Axel Murk goes very deeply into the bathyspheric gastro-intestinal depths of modern day Banko-federaleee behaviour: The title: Leadership emerges to solve Subprime Crisis..

The other is a straightforward analytical distinction between the proper use of the terms: INflation, and its twin, Depession...by Schiff...Not Your Fathers Deflation...

I apologise for not knowing how to uRL thes essays...But the searches aren't hard, and you might do it if you can,and enjoy saving stoolies some bother...

beardech :ph34r: :ph34r: Pay particular attention to the necessity for disguising the participants thus avoiding the embarassment of having to tell the taxpayers how screwed they're getting....

Shorty

Please take a peek at the two essays I cited;-perhaps some of the creepiness you feel about the reptilian money poederast will be allayed.....

Feeling creepy about being next to a snake isn't exactly an anomaly....

beardech :ph34r: :ph34r: Yes Virginia,there is something strange about this xmas gift...

Furthermore for those of yo who haven't caught up with the news from Circa 1789 France, two major events have occured recently , both of which deserve your attention..and which will bring you up to speed...

Pasta Strikes (one in Italy, the other in Mexico) have occured---

Now, not to get too, too mystagogical about them, but still taking them as very important,depite being beneath the radar.,.I look at them in the following way...

Do any of you remember the idomatic expression; "Your taste is in your Asshole..?

This is a very strenuous insult and for the following reason..Somewhere, I dont recall,Immanual Kant,said that;

"All value BEGINS ANDleads from the mouth"...call it taste if you desire,no matter,as long as the Alimentary meaning isn't dislodged from the sentimenT...

Anyhow, if you've read anything about these pasta rebellions, and EXAMINE THEM by useing the above idiom as a microscope, you'll see that the economy is being systematically destroyed...

Take for example the venerable claim that Capitolism invariably fails because of overproduction; and then glomm onto the pasta rebellion..Glut or Shortage????

Some will say no shortage: If you got the dough (pun intended) you'll eat like a swollen pig...so quit bitchin and start pitchin..True enough as far as it goes...But what of those lacking the necessary resources for doing just that??

They die, I say stoically, as I painfully release a thousand caloried balooning belch...

Lest I be accused of heartless gallows humour Im carrying on for a cause..

I hope I've dismissed the fallacious over-generalization about Capitolistic surpluses....Now take this obvious,to some people at least, shortage and redistribute it throughout an economy...

You'll begin to see distributional heterogeneity:hes got superplenty of something and I got plenty o' nothin'...

The point is GDP isn't worth a fiddler's f**k when it comes to describing a healthy economy..

And Shorty's BOA experience is symptomatic of this derivative condition....giving away fiat lollipops to get the children playing agaiin--but like Shorty's astonishment why in the hell should i serve as your string which you're pushing on...

What for? So I can buy a sixty dollar ticket to the wizards game in order to see 100 million dollars on the hoof playing roundball?

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Your ass,Benny & Paul, should pucker up and suck buttermilk!!

Hey guys, I haven't been around this week. Santa brought me an early Christmas present.

Introducing Emma Loise Porter, born December 18 at 1:15pm. 7 pounds 11 ounces.

I am a very happy guy!

633971[/snapback]

Congrats, md, to you and your lady, on the birth of your precious little girl!

Best Holiday Wishes to you and your family!

EZ

Two more articles for your dining and financing pleasure:

One by Axel Murk goes very deeply into the bathyspheric gastro-intestinal depths of modern day Banko-federaleee behaviour: The title: Leadership emerges to solve Subprime Crisis..

The other is a straightforward analytical distinction? between the? proper use of the terms: INflation, and its twin, Depession...by Schiff...Not Your Fathers Deflation...

I apologise for not knowing how to uRL thes essays...But the searches aren't hard, and you might do it if you can,and enjoy saving stoolies some bother...

beardech :ph34r:? :ph34r: Pay particular attention to the necessity for disguising the participants thus avoiding the embarassment of having to tell the taxpayers how? screwed they're getting....

633979[/snapback]

Leadership Emerges to Resolve Subprime Crisis, by: Axel G. Merk, Merk Investments

Not Your Father?s Deflation, by: Peter Schiff, Euro Pacific Capital, Inc.

OK, it's clear to me now, one way or another, whatever it takes, however much is necessary, fiat currencies Shall be debased in order to prop up nominal aSSet prices.

Nominal aSSet prices will thus be allowed to decline only slightly, just enough to make it look real. This will also have the desired side effect of maintaining gov't tax revenue that's based on property values.

Virtually all CONsumer items will soar in price -- real goods, insurance, services, gov't fees, college costs, etc. This will have the desired effect of further punishing the working stiff middle claSS.

Gold will skyrocket.

Wages will CONtinue to be pounded down to third-world levels and jobs sent overseas, so although paper money debts will be smaller in real terms, the working stiff middle class will find it much harder to earn paper money, so they will still be crushed under their debt, aSS planned.

Top 1% wins again.

Has anyone already posted this?:

[excerpt]

UK COMMERCIAL PROPERTY FUND FROZEN?
AS REDEMPTION SOAR ON CRASH FEARS

by Nadeem Walayat

themarketoracle.co.uk

December 21, 2007

"Britain's fourth biggest insurer, Friends Provident froze its Property Fund on Thursday, thereby denying over 110,000 investors the ability to liquidate their investments. The property fund has an estimated value of more than ?1.2 billion or $2.5 billions. The insurance company stated that investors will not be able to gain access to their funds for a period of six months due to a sharp fall in its cash reserves as investors took fright from the collapsing UK housing market, both residential and commercial."

Also:

"The reason for the freeze is clear, in that once the cash reserves have been consumed the funds would be forced to liquidate assets, which means sell properties. Do not imagine for a moment that the problem is restricted to Friends Provident. This applies to ALL commercial property funds that are seeing the smart money leaving the scene before the avalanche of redemptions begins resulting in sector wide freeze of unit trusts."

And:

"Investors should not delude themselves into thinking that just commercial property unit trusts will be hit, the contagion could spread across the whole unit trust sector if investors realise that when the times come to sell, the won't be able to. The last time we witnessed such panic was just 3 months ago when savers queued outside Northern Rock Bank to withdraw savings.

Unlike savings accounts, I cannot imagine how the FSA and Bank of England could step in to guarantee investors ability to liquidate assets. It is just not possible."

http://www.financialsense.com/fsu/editoria.../2007/1221.html

The dominoes continue to fall... :o

Archived