Starship Money Heaven Stories....

QUOTE (shorty @ Jul 6 2004, 03:45 PM)

yet, as this mounting acrimony between Stoolville's two intellectual giants belies, there remains a reticent mutual respect between them

HARRRRRRRRRUMPHFF!!!

Sir, BARE hASStens to remind yew that Mr TwoScrews is a MENTAL midget, an INTELLECTUAL pipsqueak, ass(_)_)t'were!!!

HMMMmmmmm.....

Did someone say TwoScrewsLoose is MENTAL???

And ASS2(_)_)(_(_) ASSFUR dat Cayuga's waterzzz guy:

FUR (lolol) above Cayuga's waterrrrrrzzzz

There'z an AWFUL SMELL

Some say itz Cayuga's waterzzzz,

UDDERS say CORNELL

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A silly question for all.? There's gambling (trading) money and then there's nestegg/retirement money in my world of sleepless nights.? Where do you have that nestegg/retirement money?? CASH, Gold, EBAY?? I currently have mine all in cash sitting in ING direct @ 2.5%.? I'd like to earn more than that and more than Government of Canada bonds.?

Is it possible with minimal risk?

No.

It is not possible.

To earn more you have to take more risk.

Not that the risks are not worth it in many alternatives.

But realize that 2.5% with guaranteed principal is actually earning you much more than that on a relative basis if stocks are declining.

That is, cash itself is a position -- you will be able to buy more shares of good stocks for the same amount of money later than you could now.

So if you look at it that way you are making money in stocks by NOT buying on the way down, while others who refuse to sell because they can't "get out even" suffer greater and greater losses.

If you wait for the next big decline in stocks then you can get in at lower prices for the next ride up. In the meantime you are getting wealthier on a relative basis by waiting patiently in cash, and you have the advantage of observing from the sidelines without the bias that comes from being "in" the stock market.

Investors who always remain fully invested in good opportunities never get to take advantage of any great opportunities because when they come along they have no cash to do so.

Very well put.

Archived