The Full Monti

TE,

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I've been too lazy to cancel my EWI subscription. I find it utterly useless for helping me make money. I haven't been paying that much attention to them lately but your question prompted me to take a look.

Hochberg's wave counts are all over the map. He has Dow in the process of completing a 5 down from Feb 19, but $NDX only in 3rd of the same 5. He doesn't have the S&P in the daily commentary; that's one of the things I find so infuriating about this service is the lack of consistency. He's definitely soft-pedaling this decline though. Not the bold "3rd of a 3rd" pronouncements of last year.

Sadly, EWI has even lost most of it's entertainment value.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TE:

Did you see this on PruBear?

"Trouble for Major Tom

Remember Bowie bonds? About seven years ago singer David Bowie issued $55 million worth of 10-year bonds with a 7.9% coupon and backed by song royalties. Thanks to tumult in the music biz, Moody's has downgraded the issuer (Jones/Tintoretto Entertainment Company) from A3 to Baa3."

:o

This little chart stays on the sell side...wont budge. If everybody who expects a bounce tomorrow bought the close then who will buy tomorrow?

I went sideways today. Spent too much time on the phone arguing over two rotten fills at Ameriturde. I had a stop market on WMT that filled .30 cents below my price - and got stopped out on AVP that never crossed my stop. I sent in the application for a new account at an ECN. Datek was much better as far as I am concerned. Ameriturd implemented worse software and worse fills since they bought Datek. These complaints were the third time this week I have had to call them. I knew this would happen. The market makers must have no respect for Ameriturd customers and Ameriturd appears to be unable to defend us in the market. Thats what I think. I could chew glass.

Did I mention their answerbox help screens don't work either.

A husband walks into Frederick's of Hollywood to purchase some sheer

lingerie for his wife. He is shown several possibilities that range from

$250 to $500 in price, the more sheer, the higher the price. He opts

for the most sheer item, pays the $500 and takes the lingerie home.

He presents it to his wife and asks her to go upstairs, put it on and

model it for him.

Upstairs, the wife thinks, "I have an idea. It's so sheer that it

might as well be nothing. I'll not put it on, do the modeling naked

and return it the next day and get a $500 refund for myself. So she

appears naked on the balcony and strikes a pose.

The husband says, "Good Lord! You'd think that for $500, they'd at least

iron it!"

Funeral Services are pending

>

"What follows is most certainly the single most frightening article I have ever read and certainly the most alarming piece that FTW has ever published. Even as we have seen CNN, Britain's Independent and Jane's Defence Weekly acknowledge the reality of Peak Oil and Gas within the last week, acknowledging that world oil and gas reserves are as much as 80% less than predicted, we are also seeing how little real thinking has been devoted to the host of crises certain to follow; at least in terms of publicly accessible thinking.

The following article is so serious in its implications that I have taken the unusual step of underlining some of its key findings. I did that with the intent that the reader treat each underlined passage as a separate and incredibly important fact. Each one of these facts should be read and digested separately to assimilate its importance. I found myself reading one fact and then getting up and walking away until I could come back and (un)comfortably read to the next."

http://www.fromthewilderness.com/free/ww3/...eating_oil.html

TE,

I'm somewhat ashamed to admit that I've been too lazy to cancel my EWI subscription. I find it utterly useless for helping me make money. I haven't been paying that much attention to them lately but your question prompted me to take a look.

Hochberg's wave counts are all over the map. He has Dow in the process of completing a 5 down from Feb 19, but $NDX only in 3rd of the same 5. He doesn't have the S&P in the daily commentary; that's one of the things I find so infuriating about this service is the lack of consistency. He's definitely soft-pedaling this decline though. Not the bold "3rd of a 3rd" pronouncements of last year.

Sadly, EWI has even lost most of it's entertainment value.

The fact that he does not see it now makes me think it could happen. B)

I just got back from talking with some clients from the steel industry. The one's that had a point of view against mine, ( I will get to mine in a moment) Discribed this scenario. :ph34r:

China is buying all the steel they can (agreed) It will kill the mini mills (agreed) China will grow, in regards to thier standard of living and eventually catch up with us. (there was very little discussion when I came back with the ? Do we fall and they prosper or do we prosper less for a while as they catch up?

I believe over the next 40+ years that the U.S will lose 40-50% of our buying power while china grows at a 4-6% rate (per annum).

People, even in a desperate business as steel, don't understand. How are the people in the service business going to.

This point maybe moot, in that most service oriented employees don't have any money in the market.

Rant off.

Sad but true. Sad but true. The only way out will be perceived by the masses, one day, as a blame game (very similar to what is going on in the fund industry today). I see protectionism followed by Nationalism and my Jewish heritage brings me to the next stage.

Please note that it did not work last year or in 1969 (I Believe) (tanks M.H. for that). All other years it has worked

69 a great number and the last year before the very inflated 70's, hope history repeats,

Is your avatar a boy or a girl?

Guest yobob1

He's back.............................. :lol:

Borrowed the xp recovery disk from the MPC at the shop and got a repair out of it on the home Compaq. Also burned a copy to keep at home - don't know if it works but at least we tried.

Fixed the TV. It's in the dumpster. Had an identical unit in the bedroom that was seldom used. May buy a cheapie for that spot.

2 out of 3. Now if I can get the web site successfully transfered in the next few days we'll be back to normal.

The whole financial arena just is acting strangely. Ok, stranger than normal. Wonder what the hell is up?

TE - China is going to have ahell of a time getting it's standard of living up. The West did it on oil. What will China use? Me thinks we're all headed down hill.

Archived