HedgeHog Investigation

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
just trying to figure out for myself where i'm going wrong here......

SPX cash close 996.85 f.v. premium is -1.77 (progrmatrading.com) then the "fair" price for the futures should be 995.08 ....if monday at a particular time during the day the spx cash is 1000 and fv premium is -1.77 then theoretically the futures should be at 998.23...

B4 thanks for tyring to help but youreally didn't answere the question....how is 999/02 arrived at , also by reading the explanation of how fv is calculated at program tradign this does not answere how cnnfn gets 999.02....that would imply a f.v. premium of +2.17........where am i wrong?

You are not wrong. cnnfn is. Sorry brian. If fair value is calculated to be -1.77 from the close on Friday then to be at fair value we should be at 995.08. Anything less is trading below fair value and vice versa.

Robert Palmer?

Maybe his heart attack was induced by his financial advisor, who is rumored to have suggested he listen, regularly, to Kudlow, Cramer, and Battapaglia.

Of course, he might simply have read some anti-statist agitprop...

:lol: ?:lol: ?:lol:

I heard it was while trying to decipher one of your posts. :P

Igor!!!

yettthhh, mASSter??

Add RAYOK to the candidate list FUR TRANSMOGRIFICATION by the cardboard box!

IGOR???

What???

What do you MEAN it has already REJECTED him?%@#*!!!???

oh...WELL!!! In THAT case.....it IS going to be hard to improve upon that AVATAR of his, ISN'T it, Igor?

yettthhh, mASSter?!!!

Well, then, how about putting him on the DEPROGRAMMING LIST, then?

WELL, Igor!!!???!!!???

There's a problem, there, TOO?

yettthhh, mASSter?...

Igor, HRFF presumes you're going to tell him that it is simply impossible to DEPROGRAM someone who runs around in a get-up like THAT, or some such.

yettthhh, mASSter?!!!

Dammit, Igor! Think of SOMETHING! Maybe we can turn him into a TwoScrews CLONE, FUR example...

yettthhh, mASSter?.

BTW, I do find Hurst cycles very useful combined with very basic trend following (confirming) TA stuff. Going much past that and you hit point of rapidly diminishing returns on effort.

Besides, I'm too much of a simpleton to add anymore to the equation...it just confuses me that much more, I mean look at my Avatar! :lol:

BTW, I might have to change that back to the "sucker" version soon. :P

BTW, I do find Hurst cycles very useful combined with very basic trend following (confirming) TA stuff. Going much past that and you hit point of rapidly diminishing returns on effort.

Besides, I'm too much of a simpleton to add anymore to the equation...it just confuses me that much more, I mean look at my Avatar! :lol:

BTW, I might have to change that back to the "sucker" version soon. :P

For a few months anyway.

i, hvae my OWN SISTEM !!!! and ,i don't need undernstand , anything . OK! then

pb : Don't you mean your own cistern ?

btw: I completely agree with your analysis. Up and down, in and out, do the oakey coakey then we turn around. That's what's it all about.

marmun-

TA works, and price based indicators work best, as I think you suggested.

On the other hand, if you continue to condescend toward other stoolies, especially toward someone who is, in my opinion, one of the best traders in the world, you can forget about your continued participation here.

Drop the attitude, or leave.

Doc,

Let's not go overboard! :D

I make a nice livin' at this trading thing, but one of the best in the world? :lol:

OK, if you consider that only about 5% of traders actually make money, then I guess I'm at least in a select group.

Marmun obviously doesn't believe that TA doesn't gives you any better odds of a winning trade than random chance, as do many other people.

Based upon many years of positive results, I beg to differ.

We were just havin a little discussion. No offense taken on my part.

Although I still want to know the meaning of IS is. :grin:

Habits- in fairness to Prechter he made that call some yrs ago and he still maintains it will hit $200.- at the bottom of the deflationary depression-do I care if he is right-No I don't. If said depression is inflationary Gold will sail well over 1500 bucks an ounce. Conversely if Prechter is right we'll be back to nickel cigars, $40 K homes and $200 an ounce will be just fine. Japan's wheels just came off-trade Safe! p.s. Habits I see Gold here as just a short term healthy pull back-it has come a long way. I do think there will be more down. As the markets drop from here to yr end, margin calls will force a lot of people to sell their winners-gold will be one of the winners sold.

Archived