The Yawn of a New Day 6/10/24

Rate this topic

It's a yawn not only because it's boring, but because it's another bullish setup. Bears need ES below 5339 at the NY open and/or below 5325 to have any semblance of any shot of any chance, of getting even a short term reversal out of this deadly dull market. 

Never short a dull market, right? 

Indeed, if they end up above 5376 today, the bottom at a top pattern will be validated, and the upside momentum would probably accelerate. 

Here it is on 2 hour bars going back 6 weeks. I have circled the Friendly Brontosaurus Pattern. 

1550wc

Of course, on Friday we also had the mighty Topo Gigio pattern. The question is which is stronger. 

This is the type of analysis that differentiates the truly great technical anal cysts from the quacks and cranks. 

1550zz

For moron the markets, see:    

If you are a new visitor to the Stool, please register and join in! To post your observations and charts, and snide, but good-natured, comments, click here to register. Be sure to respond to the confirmation email which is sent instantly. If not in your inbox, check your spam folder. 

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turtles do tend to go back and forth a lot. The idea that the tortoise beats the hare is not well supported in the literature. Replication studies are lacking. 

I'm long out the wazoo. hard to be objective. I don't want a big reversal here. Too many positions to bail on all at once. I hate the sell everything button. 😂😂😂