For Sale

al Jazeera was created by the British...

Osama has done more to enrich the Bush family and allow them to advance their agenda than any single person...

Another "terrorist strike" would go a long ways to silencing the critics and provide justification for the "liberation" of Iraq from control of it's natural resources...

I don't know how bad the Oilmen in the White house want or need their agenda to move forward but they are already in wild cornered animal stage after their main tool for energy control ENRON blew up in their faces...

Imagine a war protest sprayed with anthrax... And the patsie screaming long live Iraq and Saddam as they haul him away...

Just wild speculation...

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply
J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. is considering launching a mutual fund that tests an increasingly popular investment concept: behavioral finance. Fund managers who pick stocks on behavioral finance concepts believe that stock-market moves are tied to the psychology of investors, who act irrationally but in a consistent manner. The hope among these managers is that future stock-market fluctuations may be partly predicted by analyzing investors' behavior. J.P. Morgan would be the first major investment firm to launch such a fund. Many mutual managers are known to use behavioral finance principles, especially value investors. But there are few funds that operate solely on these ideas, and they're largely managed by academics. Longtime practitioners who advocate the thinking, however, warn that behavioral finance may be easier in theory than in practice. Plus, interested investors who want to check the performance of similar funds won't find much data.

http://www.mcalvany.com/intelbrief.html

Don't we already have a site that works on this principle? :rolleyes:

Machinehead, regarding Zoloft, I have been an actor for 25 years and still fear acting in public. I do not however have fear of eating in public or for that matter farting. I do fear however the Chairman of the Federal Reserve as well as the President select of the United States, does this qualify me for Zoloft? I'll have to call my insurance company to make sure. best,buddha

See

All that bullshit and consternation y'all go through for a 1 1/2 day rally...

And SG laughs at the peeps covering.... I ADD to my shorts at the close whilst meeker bears hide in the cave.

No guts, no glory. Follow the herd, and you will NEVER be a successful investor or trader.... problem is... emotions ALWAYS trip you up...

UNLESS.... you have a plan, and a vision...

post-3-1044997255_thumb.gif

meta: any thoughts on amgn? looks like it stopped just shy of 54. Thanks

Yep, 54 is strong resistance.

This is a tough stock to short; premium patience is needed.

engine.asp?skin=marketscreen&split=1&pri=&time=&cname=&lcprice=&symbol=AMGN&indicator=32,5,3,3;64,9,,&dur=1y&freq=6&intr=&type=4&width=480&height=360

BBH is filled with other crap; better vehicle to use for bioturds.

....otherwise use PileDriver's approach.........index of certified bioturds.

amat: "SANTA CLARA, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb. 11, 2003--Applied Materials, Inc., the world's largest supplier of wafer fabrication solutions to the semiconductor industry, reported results for its first fiscal quarter ended January 26, 2003. Net sales were $1.05 billion, down 27 percent from $1.45 billion for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2002, and up five percent from $1.0 billion for the first fiscal quarter of 2002. The net loss for the first fiscal quarter of 2003 was $66 million, or $0.04 per share, down from net income of $147 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, for the fourth fiscal quarter of 2002, and down from a net loss of $45 million, or $0.03 per share, reported for the first fiscal quarter of 2002. Results for the first fiscal quarter of 2003 included a pre-tax restructuring charge of $99 million, or $0.04 per share, in connection with the restructuring previously announced on November 4, 2002, primarily for employee-related costs and consolidation of facilities. Excluding the restructuring charge, the Company earned $6 million on a pre-tax basis or $0.00 per share. "

Archived