Photo

Making 65 cents, spending a buck

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
35 replies to this topic

#1 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,478 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:02 PM

Spending a buck while making 65 cents – Professional Edition

by Lee Adler, Tuesday, July 14, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The 4 week bill auction was again very strong, signaling no diminution of strong buying interest from FCBs and others. So the game can go on. It had better. The Treasury released its monthly statement for June late yesterday and it revealed that revenues covered only 70% of outlays, continuing a weakening trend that began early in 2008. Tax receipts dropped 17% from June 2008. While the trend of diminishing receipts has slowed a bit, there’s no sign of an increase in revenues.

For the past year, on average, tax receipts have covered roughly only 65% of outlays. The rest must be made up with borrowing. The game can only go on for as long as our foreign lenders are willing and able. No doubt the will will always be there. They have too much at stake to risk withdrawing their lending support. So the question becomes one of how long they will be able to continue to fund $100 billion a month in Federal Government borrowing. When they no longer have the wherewithal, all kinds of questions arise. How much will the Fed print at that point? Will the government cut spending. Will it default on debt service? Will the US become a ward of the IMF? Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#2 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:21 PM

It is a tale … full of sound and fury; signifying nothing.

Attached Thumbnails

• 14JulDIAtrend.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#3 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:26 PM

It is a tale … full of sound and fury; signifying nothing.

75% short at EOD :ph34r: Locked and loaded and waiting for surprises... :unsure:
"It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future" Yogi Berra
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"Don't dig the dialog of denial"
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#4 Rounder

Rounder

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:34 PM

INTC just blew out the Q...... and just blew off yer shorts...

#5 Private Skidmark

Private Skidmark

Master of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,831 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:37 PM

Man did they put the noodle [deep] in the poodle in the ruboff. I had to say that. :unsure:
The highest compliment you can pay a man today is that hes a fairly convincing approximation of a real person.

"You trade physical gold with balls, not with a ruler, until your balls get pressed into ball oil and you're forced to obtain your meals from the dumpster behind the local Krispy Kreme. And then the sun comes out again." - Skidmark

"If you can't stand the heat, break the thermometer in the kitchen." - Benjamin S. Bernanke upon ceasing publication of M3 data

#6 flyingscot

flyingscot

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

well i am sure the anal cyst took the numbers way down so they could beat... YoY numbers still tracking down.

#7 flyingscot

flyingscot

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:39 PM

SRS chart ? hows it looking ?

#8 BusKow

BusKow

Doctor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:47 PM

here's some recent hysteria for ya... :rolleyes:

Attached Thumbnails

• 14JulSRS120min.png

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and and transient causes, and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, which evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations , pursuing invariably the same object, evinces a design to reduce them under absolute despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such government, and to provide new guards for their future security.

#9 anotherone

anotherone

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:07 PM

Blew out the Aug QQQQ 35 and Sept QQQQ 34 puts I bought this afternoon.

I should know better than to reload this soon after the 4 week and 6-7 week cycles turn up, but it looked like price was pushing on a string this afternoon. As some say, never putz a dull market.
"Calista Flockhart's top is not near as significant as Maria's bottom."
--"Zapata" George Blake 8/5/2003

#10 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:12 PM

You do realize that you just ruined my whole evening! :angry: <_< :rolleyes: ;)
"If you believe people are rational beings, you will go through life frustrated and confused" Scott Adams
"No, I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered as patriots. This is one nation under God." George W. Bush

#11 Jorma

Jorma

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,418 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:18 PM

That gap from 7/2 at 19.30 looks pretty to me but the real index IYR has it's gap fill point relatively higher, because of the damn shrinkage, at 32.70.

An intermediate term swing trade on the levered ETF's is 3 days. They are a wasting asset.

War is the last great hope of the incompetent to order the unwilling to attempt the impossible.
William Eastlake 'The Bamboo Bed'

Change you can suspend your disbelief in.
Fafblog

The Treasury

could burn down

We jammin still

Full Extreme   Ultimate Rejects

#12 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:19 PM

here's some recent hysteria for ya... :rolleyes:

I've been pretty busy at work so I missed the recent SRS runup. On Sunday I thought about buying some, fortunately I decided to wait on Monday before pressing the buy button, glad I did. As the real estate mess continues to unfold and pick up steam again I expect SRS to once again do well.
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#13 mdporter

mdporter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

"They" are absolutely desperate now to be coming up with crap like this:

NEW YORK, July 14 (Reuters) - U.S. government officials are weighing a plan that would let borrowers who have fallen behind on their mortgage payments avoid eviction by renting their homes instead, sources familiar with the administration's thinking said on Tuesday.

Under one idea being discussed, delinquent homeowners would surrender ownership of their homes but would continue to live in the property for several years, the sources told Reuters.

Officials are also considering whether the government should make mortgage payments on behalf of borrowers who cannot keep up with their home loans, tapping an unused portion of a $50 billion housing aid kitty.

Rooters Source

Making payments on behalf of borrowers? U F B

Will they pay my rent on my behalf too?
The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the most daring liars, the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth. -- H.L. Mencken

"Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can ... come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win." - Muhammad Ali

"When plunder has become a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." -- Claude Frédéric Bastiat

#14 flyingscot

flyingscot

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 498 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:23 PM

You do realize that you just ruined my whole evening! :angry: <_< :rolleyes: ;)

they probably open higher close down tomorrowm

#15 Bungster

Bungster

Dean of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • 13,610 posts

Posted 14 July 2009 - 05:38 PM

DEATH BY A THOUSAND CUTS....

fingers_cut.JPG

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart