IDS World Markets 4th October 05

[

Foxy,

Does the fact the Europe will move from being predominantly Christian to perhaps majority Islam figure into political debate? Or is that a very touchy under-the-rug taboo subject? Just curious.

It is more a "very touchy under-the-rug taboo subject". The thing is: Why is it so bad to say that one doesnt want the Turks in the EU.

How would the US react if the Europeans would be a strong advocat of Mexico becomming the 51st state?

P.S.:

at least Mexicans are christians and speak a world language, whereas turks have this agressive undertone and most sentences they speak sounds like "i gonna stab you". I feel like the people in Florida when Castro let all those cuban criminals free in 1980.

WE ARE wingohockingmoyamensingED.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More evidence that housing is deflating. Since mid-August I have been tracking the number of houses for sale in the 08008 zip code. This is a New Jersey shore area where speculation was rampant during the past few years, and prices in most cases tripled since 2000. Anyone else see a trend? In addition, asking prices have been dropping -- about 10% over the time period below.

Week of # of Houses For Sale

8/15 481

8/22 496

8/29 499

9/6 505

9/12 533

9/19 567

9/26 592

10/3 621

It is fairly common knowledge that ink sales is what drives profits in the printer business. I had heard that HP was taking steps to stop customers from topping up the cartrages with cheap injectible ink, anyone know if they or other printer makers have been able to stop this?

Working here in LA, I thought that with our nonexistant borders Mexico was the 51st state fxfox.

[

Foxy,

Does the fact the Europe will move from being predominantly Christian to perhaps majority Islam figure into political debate? Or is that a very touchy under-the-rug taboo subject? Just curious.

It is more a "very touchy under-the-rug taboo subject". The thing is: Why is it so bad to say that one doesnt want the Turks in the EU.

How would the US react if the Europeans would be a strong advocat of Mexico becomming the 51st state?

P.S.:

at least Mexicans are christians and speak a world language, whereas turks have this agressive undertone and most sentences they speak sounds like "i gonna stab you". I feel like the people in Florida when Castro let all those cuban criminals free in 1980.

WE ARE wingohockingmoyamensingED.

shrub says, your welcome & thanks for your support in the war!

It is fairly common knowledge that ink sales is what drives profits in the printer business.  I had heard that HP was taking steps to stop customers from topping up the cartrages with cheap injectible ink, anyone know if they or other printer makers have been able to stop this?

A local entpreneur just bot a franchise to a small business that resells used ink carts that have been refilled. I can understand HP, etc wanting to stop them, but I think that horse has already left the barn.

You know the Stick Law, right?

Whoever carries the Stick - makes the law.

At one time, Britian carried the biggest stick and made the rules in the world. Now, and for some time past since WW-2, its the US.

You tell me - why is it bad to say one doesn't want Turks? Wasn't there some noise about "Guest workers" in Germany a few years back on the same issue?

You know the Stick Law, right?

Whoever carries the Stick - makes the law.

At one time, Britian carried the biggest stick and made the rules in the world. Now, and for some time past since WW-2, its the US.

You tell me - why is it bad to say one doesn't want Turks? Wasn't there some noise about "Guest workers" in Germany a few years back on the same issue?

i didnt say i dont want turks i said i dont want Turkey to join the EU.

And yes, there are still huge problems with those so called "guest workers" from Turkey.

Archived