Weak End B4 The Bell

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MWH,

Thought of you and WH when I read these.

Barbara Walters of 20/20 (USA) did a story on gender roles in Kabul

several years before the Afghan conflict. She noted that women

customarily walked about 5 paces behind their husbands.

She returned to Kabul recently and observed that women still walk

behind their husbands, but now seem to walk even further back and are now happy with the old custom. Ms. Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked. "But why do you now seem happy with the old custom that you used to try and change?"

"Land mines," said the woman

An old couple goes to a sex doctor and asks him to watch them have sex. He watches and sees no problem and tells them everything looks fine.

The next week, same thing happens. Same routine. The doctor watches again, says everything looks fine. This happens a few more weeks and the doctor finally says....

"I don't understand. Week after week you come here and I tell you everything is okay. Just what is the problem......?"

"Well, Doc. You see, we are not married, so we can't go to my house or to hers. The Holiday Inn charges $75.00 and the Hilton charges $120.00. We're both retired and we don't have much money. You charge $50.00 and Medicare sends us a check for $43.00."

Just Damn!!!

Texas man hit by light rail train, then ambulance hit by car

By: Associated Press

HOUSTON ---- A 60-year-old man was struck by a slow-moving train as he walked home from work, and then a car slammed into the ambulance that was to take him to the hospital. The man escaped both accidents with minor injuries.

http://www.nctimes.com/articles/2004/03/20..._0421_50_06.txt

MWH,

Thought of you and WH when I read these.

Barbara Walters of 20/20 (USA) did a story on gender roles in Kabul

several years before the Afghan conflict. She noted that women

customarily walked about 5 paces behind their husbands.

She returned to Kabul recently and observed that women still walk

behind their husbands, but now seem to walk even further back and are now happy with the old custom. Ms. Walters approached one of the Afghani women and asked. "But why do you now seem happy with the old custom that you used to try and change?"

"Land mines," said the woman

Oh man, so that's why Madame has me walk that way :P

What a week....excellent posts machinehead,plunger,yobob and all the rest.....wish I had all your writing skills....guess thats why I was an EE

Great calls TE and B4....

Wish every week was as profitable as this one....

Robbed 50 SPX points from the boys the past two weeks....EFF EM !

ACCT looks like one of those zoo animal stocks....seeing I now have a few hundred thousand shares of PMs....WHT, GG, BGO, AGT and GSS

Added DROOY at 3.20-3.30 this week....

Inflation is getting ready to rock this pos market....

The price I sold 2 of my regional NCAA hoops tickets for was comical...the sheeple just dont get it

TRADE SAFE

oh yea doubled my short on elab...... quick scalp

Madame and I went to see about purchasing and installing a new gas fireplace. We live in a fairly old house and have no intention of moving as we are very happy with the location. Neither of us has any interest in building a new home.

So we walk into the store. We get the usual blah blah blah about this fireplace versus that one, etc and then the salesman tells us that the price of steel in his business has increased by 30% and that his contractors won't even give him a price in advance. Same thing with copper. Our current fireplace which is currently a giant hole in the wall needs some structural support for the newly installed one. So bottom line is that he can't tell us for sure how much this is going to cost until he places the order.

So, I tell the guy that I'm best buddies with A. Greenspan <_< and that Alan has assured me that the PPI has only gone up by .6%, with steel mill products up 4.9%, and is he trying to pull a fast one on us? I mean, how can this be? :blink:

The salesman tells me that he doesn't know who this Alan Greenspan is but that's the way it is. I reply that I am indignant at his attitude and will be passing on his poor behavior to my friend Alan, who I am sure will not be ordering a natural gas fireplace from this fellow :huh:

Anyway I've fixed the problem. I've got four hamsters on a treadmill and I'm using the energy produced to heat our living room. Seems to be working out OK but they want health benefits and insurance and I'm thinking seriously of outsourcing this to Chinese poodles <_<

I think Monday is when this market really blows-technically its done but there is also a ton of extraneous factors out there which are set to collide head on with the house of cards. Europe is covered with demonstrations today against and on the anniversary of Shrub and Tonys excellent adventure, which will only stoke the rise of anti- Americanism in Europe. Europe already has a wide range of punitive duties in place on U.S. goods and is now taking dead aim on Microsoft. Senators over on this side of the pond are falling all over themselves to punish those Countries "with unfair Trade Practices" because of the massive loss of Manufacturing jobs so you can see where this is heading. Its time to grab a chair because the music is about to stop! ;)

I think Monday is when this market really blows-technically its done but there is also a ton of extraneous factors out there which are set to collide head on with the house of cards.

Its time to grab a chair because the music is about to stop! ;)

Sounds right.

So far this year, the S&P 500 (the large cap, institutional index) and the Nasdaq 100 (the big techs) both set their intraday lows on March 16th.

SPX 3/16 intraday low: 1102.61 (7.17 below Friday's close)

NDX 3/16 intraday low: 1394.11 (4.47 below Friday's close)

The SOX semiconductor index -- which tracks high-tech speculation -- fell decisively to a new low for the year on Friday. This gives a clue that broader indices may follow.

New lows for the year are obviously within easy reach (less than 1% drop) for both NDX and SPX.

A sequence of new lows in SOX, NDX, and SPX would send a TRIPLE-CONFIRMED message: stomp this POS with both feet. I won't need directions to scrape it off my heels ... :wink2:

Well I hope all us bears are correct as I am balls to the walls short.

Currently holding

2- BBH leap 05 puts strike 90

3- CCL leap 05 puts strike 40

3- DHI leap 05 puts strike 30

3- PHM leap 05 puts strike 45

50-QQQ puts april strike 35

3-OEX puts april strike 545

Had a lot of QQQ & OEX puts that I covered last Fri and replaced with April but I jumped a little early. Should have added more on the Wed spike but i try to avoid option expiration.

This is what showed up in today's Report on Business, Canada's very mainstream business paper:

Stephen Roach, chief economist at broker Morgan Stanley, is among the most vocal Fed outsiders pushing for a pre-emptive Fed rate hike -- in spite of the worst job creation slump since the Second World War.

"It is now time to reload the monetary cannon," insisted Mr. Roach, who urged the Fed to immediately hike its key rate to 3 per cent in a recent open letter to Mr. Greenspan. "A failure to do so . . . is a recipe for an endless succession of asset bubbles."

http://www.globeandmail.com/servlet/Articl...0//?query=roach

Archived