B4 The Bell Fryday

Guest yobob1

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4:21pm 02/27/04

Coca-Cola subpoenaed in criminal investigation (KO) By Leticia Williams

WASHINGTON (CBS.MW) -- Coca-Cola (KO) received subpoenas from an Atlanta grand jury based on allegations by a former employee claiming widespread fraud at the firm, according to a regulatory filing Friday. The company said the subpoenas are a part of an ongoing criminal investigation by the U.S. Attorney in Atlanta. The company said it has also provided documents and materials in the case to the attorney's office as part of an informal request. Coca-Cola has said it is under investigation based on allegations raised by an ex-worker in his wrongful termination suit against the company. The employee claimed he was fired after he accused the company of accounting irregularities and improperly inflated sales volumes. Shares of Coca-Cola gained 17 cents to close at $50.

Child Support Division Layoffs Likely Unless State Helps Financially Top Stories

02/27/2004 13:22:07

(Ventura, CA) -- Dozens of Ventura County child support workers will lose their jobs unless the department gets $3 million from Sacramento by July 1st. The "Los Angeles Times" says up to 55 workers will get pink slips if the state doesn't come to the rescue with the extra money for the 2004-2005 fiscal year, which the department needs to cover retirement costs. But with the state still in such financial disarray, the state's not in a position to help. The department says it could go the county and ask to dip into the county general fund, but with the county facing a $34-million budget shortfall, that's not likely to happen either

Possible Program Cutbacks To Save Bucks Top Stories

02/27/2004 13:22:07

(Los Angeles, CA) -- Mayor James Hahn's office announced Thursday programs that may be on the chopping block to help close a $250-million gap in the city budget. The "Los Angeles Times" reports Hahn won't reveal the actual budget until April, but his budget director outlined possible areas where money could be saved. Drug abuse education for schoolchildren, building code enforcement and community arts programs are just a few of the items mentioned. Budget director Doane Liu says the programs outlined yesterday have no figures attached to them, and therefore aren't etched in stone.

More jobs

Today had puny volume with extreme volatility and suspect economic numbers. In my view the worsening economic numbers, layoffs and outsourcing overseas are getting thru to the sheeple who are beginning to take their chips off the table. The Sheeples choice the semi's look cooked. ;)

Just a reminder. Please do not repost copyrighted material in full without the publisher's permission. A snippet and a link to the source material will suffice. Direct links to sales and advertising material, or to subscription sign-up pages for services other than those of Capitalstool.com, are prohibited. You may repost a snippet of the source material and link to it, not to the subscription promotion page.

If you feel there is a service we should be promoting, please let me know, and I will get in touch with the publisher about a joint promotional arrangement.

Many tanks!

Just a reminder. Please do not repost copyrighted material in full without the publisher's permission.  A snippet and a link to the source material  will suffice. Direct links to sales and advertising material, or to subscription sign-up pages for services other than those of Capitalstool.com, are prohibited.  You may repost a snippet of the source material and link to it, not to the subscription promotion page.

If you feel there is a service we should be promoting, please let me know, and I will get in touch with the publisher about a joint promotional arrangement.

Many tanks!

Sorry Doc. It is a free email I get every day. Won't do it again though.

Subject: 4 little animals

> > > TEACHER TO CLASS ON LIFE:

A teacher asked her class, "What do you want out of life?"

A little girl in the back row raised her hand and said, "All I want out of life is

four little animals."

The teacher asked, "Really and what four little animals would that be

sugar?"

The little girl said "A mink on my back, a jaguar in the garage, a

tiger in bed and a jackass to pay for all of it."

The Teacher Fainted. :o

Hindu Women With A Dot On Thier Forehead.....

For centuries, Hindu women have worn a red spot on their foreheads. We have

naively thought it had something to do with their religion. The true story

has just been revealed by the Indian Embassy in Washington.

When one of these women gets married, on her wedding night, the husband

scratches off the red spot to see if he has won a convenience store, a gas

station, doughnut shop, or a motel in Florida. :D

Archived