The Bear's Rave Party

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We'll boys and girls all good things must come to an end. Just as soon as the mkt started going my way I need to wind down to join my Guard unit for a deployment overseas.

On Friday I trade in my stock charts and ticker screens  for a cockpit and a radar screen. Few weeks of training flights on the East coast and its off to the gulf.

I have no regrets about serving my country. I only regret that I will likely miss a historic trading opportunity. I leave it to you fine members of Capital Stool to take care of business and get this country back to a sane financial path.

Good Luck

Captain Bob

563686[/snapback]

Be careful and come back safe Dr.

anyone think bond yields will keep going down?I am thinking of locking in a few more CD'S...total panic in the bond market today as well.

563682[/snapback]

Thinking the same thing....for my stuff that comes up for renewal in March....I would keep a close watch for buzz that Fed might lower if this gets really bad (like another 1,000 down on the Dow). Still I wouldn't go out more than a couple of years (at least this is what I am thinking now). All my current fixed income investments are in 28-day & 90-day Tbills as well as rolling 3 month CD's and my yummy HSBC 6.00% 3-month promo savings account. Lastly I moved a sh!tload of money into my trading account today from savings to buy the QID's and then do the 'mon-back later after the fall if I can get comfotable with some trades. This could be the greatest trading opportunity for 2007.

We'll boys and girls all good things must come to an end. Just as soon as the mkt started going my way I need to wind down to join my Guard unit for a deployment overseas.

On Friday I trade in my stock charts and ticker screens  for a cockpit and a radar screen. Few weeks of training flights on the East coast and its off to the gulf.

I have no regrets about serving my country. I only regret that I will likely miss a historic trading opportunity. I leave it to you fine members of Capital Stool to take care of business and get this country back to a sane financial path.

Good Luck

Captain Bob

563686[/snapback]

Be safe Dr. Bob.

563689[/snapback]

Seconded.

If you have email access over there, please think about dropping Doc a line every now and then to let us know you're okay.

anyone think bond yields will keep going down?I am thinking of locking in a few more CD'S...total panic in the bond market today as well.

563682[/snapback]

Thinking the same thing....for my stuff that comes up for renewal in March....I would keep a close watch for buzz that Fed might lower if this gets really bad (like another 1,000 down on the Dow). Still I wouldn't go out more than a couple of years (at least this is what I am thinking now). All my current fixed income investments are in 28-day & 90-day Tbills as well as rolling 3 month CD's and my yummy HSBC 6.00% 3-month promo savings account. Lastly I moved a sh!tload of money into my trading account today from savings to buy the QID's and then do the 'mon-back later after the fall if I can get comfotable with some trades. This could be the greatest trading opportunity for 2007.

563698[/snapback]

not looking to go out more than 6 months...unless I can get a really good promo rate.locked in a few CD'S at 6.25% in the last few months and also have my hsbc account to the fdic max.can't seem to find much higher than 5.40 right now shorter term.searching credit unions as we speak....

Good Luck

Captain Bob

563686[/snapback]

Good luck Bob!

Good Luck

Captain Bob

563686[/snapback]

Cap.

My family and I thank you for your sacrifice and courage. Please know that you and all those serving our great nation are in our thoughts and prayers.

The best piece advice proffered on CNBS today was to create a list of stocks that you want to own and select a price to get in at or wait until the selling begins to subside. Of course that's if you think owning single companies is a good idea. While I'll admit that picking the right stocks can lead to "vast fortunes" (think NutriSystems) I think it unlikely that I will ever again expose myself to "individual issue risk" now that there are so many great derivative plays, especially the sector ETF's, at least those that are VERY liquid. Sure you'll never hit 1,000% returns, but if I can squeeze out several single or double digit wins in a year (totalling say 40-60% in a year, every year) I'll take it. The next few weeks will offer the opportunity for at least a 10-20% win....then I'll only need two more of those for the year.

Archived