The Market Has Expired

Needless to say, I didn't want to engage in catching any falling knives, nor did I want to get aggressive on the short side.

So for now, my ST trading activity has "expired", along with the market!!!!

I will have to focus more on work, and try to live a normal life for the time being.

Hats off to the bears, as we are surely seeing historic times....

Just wished that I had dumped my LT holdings a long time ago....

Effective immediately, there will be no more "buy and hold" of long plays any longer.

If I had sold most of my stocks at the top, I would have been faced with a gigantic ordinary income tax bill. I got greedy, and decided to wait out until the 1 year deadline.

Now look at the market!!! Ughhh.......

Aloha, Riverboaters......

Marky Mark

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needless to say, I didn't want to engage in catching any falling knives, nor did I want to get aggressive on the short side.

So for now, my ST trading activity has "expired", along with the market!!!!

I will have to focus more on work, and try to live a normal life for the time being.

Hats off to the bears, as we are surely seeing historic times....

Just wished that I had dumped my LT holdings a long time ago....

Effective immediately, there will be no more "buy and hold" of long plays any longer.

If I had sold most of my stocks at the top, I would have been faced with a gigantic ordinary income tax bill.? I got greedy, and decided to wait out until the 1 year deadline.

Now look at the market!!!? Ughhh.......

Aloha, Riverboaters......

Marky Mark

Wyndy

I dont get the gist o fwhat you are saying-I hope it isnt what Im thinking

After all wasn't it Russel hmself who said "In a bear market everybody loses, only those who lose least wins"

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: And that adage applies to the ones with terminally large billfolds as well.

Furthermore Im a pure linear to-the-horizon moving Gold Shtunk,and I promise you,Im still laughing,inwardly of course..

"DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A would-be home buyer with less than a dollar in her bank account was sentenced to up to two years in prison for using fake documents to get a mortgage on a $328,000 home.

Wendy Jean-Francois, 45, of Morrisville, was also sentenced Monday to five years probation and ordered to pay $63,000 in restitution.

Prosecutors have said Jean-Francois had 97 cents in her bank account when she sat down Oct. 5 at a settlement table at Rainbow Assurance, a mortgage title firm in Falls.

She used two checks totaling $63,000 and a letter vouching for them, purportedly from a Wachovia Bank manager, and left with the keys to the home.

The checks turned out to be counterfeit and the letter forged.

Jean-Francois told Bucks County Judge Kenneth Biehn that she came up with the scheme after the home she had been renting was sold and she was told she had 15 days to find a new place to live.

"I got nervous," she said. "I am very sorry for what I did."

http://my.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=2...0613-1631861759

Furthermore

Look towards that Billionaire Renaissance owning hedgetarian peckerhead as the methane smelling Canary for orientation--if he makes money in the next period, then we are candidates for entering an Ursine treatment center--if he loses $$$$ then Bears ogf the World Arise,you have nothing to lose but your pains"

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Are we regressing to the mean? Are you kidding? What the hell do you think these gill slits on my neck are indicating???

"DOYLESTOWN, Pa. - A would-be home buyer with less than a dollar in her bank account was sentenced to up to two years in prison for using fake documents to get a mortgage on a $328,000 home.

Wendy Jean-Francois, 45, of Morrisville, was also sentenced Monday to five years probation and ordered to pay $63,000 in restitution.

Prosecutors have said Jean-Francois had 97 cents in her bank account when she sat down Oct. 5 at a settlement table at Rainbow Assurance, a mortgage title firm in Falls.

She used two checks totaling $63,000 and a letter vouching for them, purportedly from a Wachovia Bank manager, and left with the keys to the home.

The checks turned out to be counterfeit and the letter forged.

Jean-Francois told Bucks County Judge Kenneth Biehn that she came up with the scheme after the home she had been renting was sold and she was told she had 15 days to find a new place to live.

"I got nervous," she said. "I am very sorry for what I did."

http://my.earthlink.net/article/nat?guid=2...0613-1631861759

:ph34r: :( :ph34r: :( :ph34r: :( :ph34r: :(

You know with the raw material prices skyrocketing, I'm surprised there's no "chop shops" for new home materials like lumber, wiring and plumbing, etc. All these unoccupied or fraudulently gained houses could be stripped and sold in pieces and there'd be only the property to recover.

I suspect there's already some "free" kick ass tree houses, forts and half-pipes in surburbia. Will the grown ups get in on the gig now?

You know with the raw material prices skyrocketing, I'm surprised there's no "chop shops" for new home materials like lumber, wiring and plumbing, etc.  All these unoccupied or fraudulently gained houses could be stripped and sold in pieces and there'd be only the property to recover.

I suspect there's already some "free" kick ass tree houses, forts and half-pipes in surburbia. Will the grown ups get in on the gig now?

Hmm. I wonder if I could do something like that to upgrade this little starter home I was thinking of buying.

post-837-1150230961_thumb.jpg

4:20 pm: During what is becoming quite a regular theme for equities, global concerns about inflation, a slowing economy, and the Fed going too far with its rate hikes, especially heading into Wednesday's influential CPI report, continued to haunt the stock market. The indices' inability to find support near key technical levels also pushed the Dow and Russell 2000 into the red for the year and the Nasdaq lower for an eighth straight day. Above average volume, as nearly 2.0 bln shares were traded on the NYSE, lent even more conviction behind today's broad-based decline.

Adding to the prevailing sense of uncertainty as to when and where stocks will eventually form a technical bottom was another sell-off overseas, with about two thirds of the global markets reportedly in a technical correction of more than 10%. Japan's Nikkei plummeted 4.1%, recording its biggest one-day point decline since September 12, 2001, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng Index lost 2.5% and the European bourses all lost roughly 2.0% amid worries about rising interest rates in the U.S. choking off consumer demand for exports.

Before the bell, the Labor Dept. reported that core PPI rose 0.3% in May, a bit more than an expected 0.2% increase and reflective of building inflationary pressures at the wholesale level. Investors also got an update on the health of the consumer, but May retail sales (excluding autos) merely matching an expected 0.5% increase provided evidence of a modest slowdown in consumption and exacerbated the hesitation of investors to get back into buying mode.

Even though this morning's data didn't alter the Fed's perceptions, since tomorrow's more important report detailing prices paid by consumers, who account for about two-thirds of economic activity

Here's something kinda weird- the Nasdaq 100 (^NDX) was down only 0.23%, but that Nasdaq proper (^IXIC) was down 0.9%. That's a pretty big discrepency! Any explanations? As a devout owner of RYVNX, these things are of some concern to me....

You know with the raw material prices skyrocketing, I'm surprised there's no "chop shops" for new home materials like lumber, wiring and plumbing, etc.  All these unoccupied or fraudulently gained houses could be stripped and sold in pieces and there'd be only the property to recover.

Faux

In a worst case scenario you can get one of those Hollywood set designers to paint your body to appear as having wood siding--

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Or for those poorer clients a tatoo artists can limn your chest and back with "faux" venetian blinds

Potemkin Village here I come!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that the SPX has broken down from that hanging SWUP pattern from Dec-May, it's interesting to note how similar the pattern is to the entire SPX pattern from Jan04-Jun06.

At this point, looks like the SPX is heading straight for the base of the rally off the 10/05 lows, around 1192-1205. And it's doing it in a hurry. It took 7 months to go from 1192-1326 and has only taken five weeks to go from 1326 back to 1222. Very similar to the endless number of Pigmen? escalator/elevator plays we have seen over and over during the past 18 months.

Will be interesting to see how the breakdown from this pattern resolves and where it comes to rest, at least for a time. Because if/when the SPX finally breaks down from the 04-06 pattern (and it's close now), it might behave in a similar fashion as it has breaking down from the 12/05-5/06 pattern. If so, we might be seeing SPX 930-970 at some future point.

post-2169-1150232169_thumb.png

post-2169-1150232180_thumb.png

You know with the raw material prices skyrocketing, I'm surprised there's no "chop shops" for new home materials like lumber, wiring and plumbing, etc.? All these unoccupied or fraudulently gained houses could be stripped and sold in pieces and there'd be only the property to recover.

Hmm. I wonder if I could do something like that to upgrade this little starter home I was thinking of buying.

Drano

Do the architects have something like a Health Stocking for that charmer?

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: Be it

ever so humiliating there's no place like home

Archived