B4 The Bell, Tuezelday, July 6

NY is the exact opposite. I have never seen so many big retail stores open in such a concentrated area. 20mi outside of NYC (55% commuter pop) we got our first Home Depot only 2 years ago. Now there are 5 in a 10 mile radius. WMT, TGT, Kmart, BBBY, Best Buy, all opening stores ~ every 3 months. The rent on these stores cannot be fathomed.

Just last week a new mall opened in White Plains, a city with 1.5mm pop. Anchors are TGT and B&K books. massive store size. I don't understand who is going to pay $5/hr in parking to buy bs from a discounter like TGT.

TGT's slated for a thanksgiving opening in Mt. Kisco as well. Never mind that there are 2 of them within 3 miles of each other in Palisades...

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NY is the exact opposite. I have never seen so many big retail stores open in such a concentrated area. 20mi outside of NYC (55% commuter pop) we got our first Home Depot only 2 years ago. Now there are 5 in a 10 mile radius. WMT, TGT, Kmart, BBBY, Best Buy, all opening stores ~ every 3 months. The rent on these stores cannot be fathomed.

Just last week a new mall opened in White Plains, a city with 1.5mm pop. Anchors are TGT and B&K books. massive store size. I don't understand who is going to pay $5/hr in parking to buy bs from a discounter like TGT.

TGT's slated for a thanksgiving opening in Mt. Kisco as well. Never mind that there are 2 of them within 3 miles of each other in Palisades...

Doesn't say much for REITS, public or private.

Couple of months ago, IBM started offering a REIT fund in its 401K plan....

Get Gas from today's Suctor Watch.. Take a subscribatory , for the Gas release you're looking for RIGHT NOW! Pluscycle charts and price targets for 12 other leading market suctors like Oil, Homebuilders, Aerospace, Biodrech, SOX and more!?

30 Day Intro Subscribatory. Just $16.99! Get In RIGHT NOW!

Couple of months ago, IBM started offering a REIT fund in its 401K plan....

Big Blue has its own "private" agenda....always had ...... always will.

Manage the numbers....the boss wants a raise.

Window now closed we'll take it-Miss Piggy has fallen down the stairs and she can't get up-on her own for a bit! ;)

Good calls B4. Looks like you were the most bearish of all the last few days - and the most right. ;) The south bound train left the station without too many bears aborad. :o

Still 200% short SPY in my margin account from last week :) , but flat in futures account :( .

Total Shuts Down Oil in Nigeria

By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Published: July 6, 2004

Filed at 10:10 a.m. ET

LAGOS, Nigeria (AP) -- Energy giant Total's subsidiary has shut down oil and gas production in Nigeria in the face of a threatened strike that raised management fears for the ``safety of life and property,'' a company spokesman said Tuesday.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/internatio...l-Shutdown.html

Well now we know the why about the massive carrier deployment: Remove US citizens from oil producing countries (Bahrain & Nigeria), protect oil facilities, and to guard oil tanker sea lanes.

The cost of oil of imported oil, when adding defensive costs, must be double the market price by now. :o

Archived