Groundhog Day

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as I know from Mad Cow disease in Europe is, that it is related to or can cause variant CJD (Creutzfeld-Jakob Disease) in humans.

Think that the histology of the disease is different to Alzheimer but the end result is similar except that CJD is very progressive.

Mad Cow IS the same as Creutzfeld-Jakob disease.

It is ALSO the same as CWD, or "Chronic Wasting Disease", as ALREADY found in deer and elk in various states around the US.

All 3 are caused by "prions", which are so tiny, they aren't even "alive" really...less than a virus even.

The other nasty thing about prions is that they are VERY tough, and hard to kill.

Normal sterilization procedures are pretty ineffective.

I'm as bullish on oil prices as the next guy, but my antennae are up

Libya wants to come back online

all of a sudden Gadhafi wants to play nice? Someone posted above that Saudi Arabia thinks oil price is too high? Hussein captured?

Methinks the next phase of the re-elect Bush campaign could be for them to engineer a huge drop in the price of oil. $18 per barrel oil could be the mystery ingredient that takes the place of home refi's in supporting the economy through 2004.

I wonder how much $ they bribed Gadhafi with? or Gold?

Peak oil is a certainty, but to me there seems to be just enough slack left in world supplies to engineer one last cheap oil hurrah in time for Bush to claim credit for creating economic utopia against all odds just in time for Nov 2004. And they'll take full credit for it, after all they cleaned up corporate governance, routed out all the terrorists, fixed the price of oil, got everyone a better deal on their home financing, cheap financing on their automobile, yada yada. You couldn't write a better script!

Then, with a 20 month rally in the markets under his belt by that time, he'll have no resistance to his privatization-of-social-security plan, which will be a huge sop to Wall Street (social security funds will get piped into Wall Street sponsored investments, instead of just being part of the govt general funds.) Dow 36K indeed.

Meta - I could possibly see a retest of the $15 low in your chart, which by then would be a huge right shoulder, on a traditional H&S formation.

Maybe this is what the market has been smelling all year long....

I'd have to seriously puke if all this came to pass. The ultimate in short term rigging at the expense of the long term.

Mad Cow IS the same as Creutzfeld-Jakob disease.

It is ALSO the same as CWD, or "Chronic Wasting Disease", as ALREADY found in deer and elk in various states around the US.

All 3 are caused by "prions", which are so tiny, they aren't even "alive" really...less than a virus even.

The other nasty thing about prions is that they are VERY tough, and hard to kill.

Normal sterilization procedures are pretty ineffective.

If they aren't alive how can they be hard to kill? :P

Whoa. That was quick. Next!

----------------------------------------

And I saw, and behold four cows:

And his name that sat on the first cow was Denial. And he was surrounded by fairy tales and clouds.

And his name that sat on the second cow was Deceit. And he hid his countenance behind a smiling mask and urged the people to eat the tainted beasts.

And his name that sat on the third cow was False Science. And he spake saying "We are not like unto the Beasts of the Fields." Yet, even as he spake I looked and his foot became a cloven hoof like unto the cow. And he became continuous with the beasts.

And his name that sat on the fourth cow was Greed. And the weight of his greed became too great. And his gold spilled onto the land. And the land became poisoned by his gold.

Yah! That's right! Come to think of it, who Is covering Turkey. We missed dat one too. Up 50% since early Sept.

Blech! :blink:

I thought you said over the weakend Who is covering Turkey.

I thought nobody is covering steel.

And that goes for Mousey,Machine Head, Doc, Mark, Brian, Gruff, Pee Brain, HyperTiger, Yobob, Jimi,  Aussiebear, anoscope, soup, bearman, Gladiator, Richmt, scottcardiff, ags nightmare, sphinxter, HRFF, dozer, charmin, Fokker, crooked anal cyst, beardrech, KWave, Bird D Durr, majorcrapper, Feedfool, Rog, Maxxi Miser, Charliss, Purdymouth, FxFox, Goldmember, Rockledge, Fauxcaster, MyGoldenStool, wrecked them, Captain's Log, Icky Twerp, Oilman, Tchaikofsky, and all the rest of you crazy stoolies..

Salute!

BigWave

Wave-man....Tanks! And you too !! :D

And to all on stool, have a rockin' time this week ! :D :D

Gonna be a lonely one here...Robin flies out on the 25th,

and not home til the 6th :(

Guess I'll be hanging around here, rantin' and ravin' about

SUV-propaganda :P :lol:

ps; peebrain; YOU try pulling a 16' trailer loaded with 5,000

lbs of steel up a 12% grade single-lane mountain-cliff road

with a 4-banger! :P I'll keep my torquey 318 dodge-truck motor :D

uh oh..... gonna be one of those lock limit down thingies in the AM.

Which is funny, it was lock limit up for weeks, not too long ago. Ohh Canada.

"let the bodies hit the floor"

No Frickin' Way.....

Martha Stewart will come up with a solution and the Fed will drop all charges .....Cows will now be twice as productive and we will rally to 10,500 on DOW, 1100 on S&P and 2000 on NAZ.....

Archived