Photo

Are we there yet ?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
43 replies to this topic

#1 briarberrys

briarberrys

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:31 PM

Damien Rice

Stones taught me to fly
Love, it taught me to lie
Life, it taught me to die
Fed taught me to buy
So it's not hard to fall
When you float like a cannonball

#2 phatbubble

phatbubble

Associate Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:39 PM

The Gannerator spat out another couple price/time squares today. We've had a few this week.

Price/time squares are typically where a trend would reverse (or sometimes accelerate).

I need more time with it to understand how rare it is to have this many in a few consecutive trading days.

Hopefully it's rare. Heh.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.
You haven't answered my question.
Quite right. Interesting. That was quicker than the others.

#3 briarberrys

briarberrys

Stock Proctology Intern

• Members
  • Pip
  • 149 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:47 PM

Lots of volume on the NYSE
http://stockcharts.com/charts/gallery.html?$NYA

A few blow offs, eg
http://stockcharts.c...allery.html?DBB (Cu Al Zn)

Tech was sold, makes a change

I guess oil and the oils could still do well ? (not sure though)

funnymentals still poor
EuroZones July PMI Services, 45.7
U.S. July ISM services 46.4, employment index, 41.5

SnPee PE ratio over 700 for GAAP
Cisco posts 46% drop in quarterly profit

lots and lots of calls bought even as the markets fell in the morning
ISEE 10-Day Moving Average 125

and I guess I'd be surprised if we didn't see SPX 1014 or 1121

SPX Fib 0.328 = 1014
SPX Fib 0.5 = 1121

#4 Brick Stoolhouse

Brick Stoolhouse

Assistant Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:52 PM

The Gannerator spat out another couple price/time squares today. We've had a few this week.

I need more time with it to understand how rare it is to have this many in a few consecutive trading days.

Hopefully it's rare. Heh.

Bob Pissonme said that all of the Gubermint owned
(AIG, FRE,FNM) stocks were up big today.
He forgot to mention the trading arm of the gubermint
GS.The guy on Lost Money said that institutional
money was flowing into Goldman big time today. Maybe they are figuring
out its good to be in a stock that risk is rewarded
every time,and if they are wrong they are first at
the taxpayer bailout trough.Its great to be king!

Attached Images

• Sopranos_Poster_C12007091.jpeg

“A million seconds is 11.5 days. A billion seconds is about 32 years. A trillion seconds is 32,000 years."

#5 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 04:58 PM

Bob Pissonme said that all of the Gubermint owned
(AIG, FRE,FNM) stocks were up big today.
He forgot to mention the trading arm of the gubermint
GS.The guy on Lost Money said that institutional
money was flowing into Goldman big time today. Maybe they are figuring
out its good to be in a stock that risk is rewarded
every time,and if they are wrong they are first at
the taxpayer bailout trough.Its great to be king!

Goldie Lookin Sacks reclaims pre-crash levels.

Thank God for that. I was beginning to think our tax dollars had been totally wasted.

Posted Image

IMHO this vampire squid thing is a microcosm of the entire system. It is going to end extremely badly.
Quod Severis Metes

Your life is the sum of a remainder of an unbalanced equation inherent to the programming of the Matrix. You are the eventuality of an internal anomaly, which despite my sincerest efforts, I have been unable to eliminate from what is otherwise a harmony of mathematical precision. While it remains a burden assiduously avoided, it is not unexpected, and thus not beyond a measure of control. Which has led you, inexorably, here.

#6 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:03 PM

Speaking of ending badly, anyone got a take on the historical accuracy of predictive linguistics outfit Half Past Human?
Quod Severis Metes

#7 Brick Stoolhouse

Brick Stoolhouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:05 PM

Goldie Lookin Sacks reclaims pre-crash levels.

Thank God for that. I was beginning to think our tax dollars had been totally wasted.

Posted Image

IMHO this vampire squid thing is a microcosm of the entire system. It is going to end extremely badly.

I couldn't agree more about it ending badly.
The question is how long can they keep the wheels on
and will it end in inflation,deflation or stagflation.
“A million seconds is 11.5 days. A billion seconds is about 32 years. A trillion seconds is 32,000 years."

#8 Brick Stoolhouse

Brick Stoolhouse

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,742 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:10 PM

Speaking of ending badly, anyone got a take on the historical accuracy of predictive linguistics outfit Half Past Human?

Cisco takin the pipe in AH.

#9 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

I'll skip to the punch line.

Out of curiosity I stumped up 10 bucks for the latest report from HPH (they trawl vast amounts of internet linguistic data for predictive purposes).

Their take on the next several years is pretty traumatic. It involves a multiplicity of global crises, coming to a theater near you, beginning this fall.

I'm not into spreading the fear vibe. In fact, transcending that is really the only way forward.

But I was curious about their track record. I'm pretty sure Hulbert doesn't cover them.
Quod Severis Metes

#10 DrStool

DrStool

Chief of Stock Proctology

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 83,386 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:28 PM

Let The Good Times Roll- Professional Edition Fed Report

by Lee Adler, Wednesday, August 5, 2009, in Money and The Fed, Professional Edition | Permalink |Comments (0) Edit The new TBAC estimates for this quarter and the next are out today. http://wallstreetexaminer.com/2009/08/05/t...-worry-be-happy They boyz are a lot less gloomy this quarter than they have been in the past couple of years as they took note of the fact that they were able to reduce their borrowing estimate for this quarter by $36 billion. Can you feel the excitement? They estimate that the Treasury will need to borrow ONLY $568 billion in the current quarter. Let the good times roll! Click here to download complete report in pdf format (Professional Edition Subscribers). Try the Professional Edition risk free for thirty days. If, within that time, you don’t find the information useful, I will give you a full refund. It’s that simple. Click here for more information.

If your portfolio has you feeling irregular, for fast, long lasting relief, take a subscribatory. And support your local Stool!

#11 shorty

shorty

Clinical Professor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:32 PM

Cisco takin the pipe in AH.

butt ain't she a Dow CONponent now?

they gotta prop 'er

they just gotta :lol:

Cynical Pontificator of Crock Stocktology

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#12 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:39 PM

Can you feel the excitement? They estimate that the Treasury will need to borrow ONLY $568 billion in the current quarter. Let the good times roll!

well that's only another $259 Million per hour of additional indebtedness

not a problem :wacko:

Tiger's Wood, Anthony's Weiner, Barney's Frank, Herman's Cain, Harry's Reid, Elliot's Spitzer

#13 byhiselo

byhiselo

Bachelor of Stock Proctology

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 05:44 PM

I'll skip to the punch line.

Out of curiosity I stumped up 10 bucks for the latest report from HPH (they trawl vast amounts of internet linguistic data for predictive purposes).

Their take on the next several years is pretty traumatic. It involves a multiplicity of global crises, coming to a theater near you, beginning this fall.

hmmm, SPX 2000+ easy then

#14 phatbubble

phatbubble

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,331 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:03 PM

hmmm, SPX 2000+ easy then

Without sharing too much copyrighted content, the dataset analysis includes massive inflation in food and winter fuel costs, combined with 'crushing deflation' elsewhere, especially housing. A currency/commodity crisis in the earlier fall becomes a full-blown Death Of The Dollar international crisis in Nov.

That's just the beginning.

Anyway, link is above. It's just 10 bucks, if you need a reason for a stiff drink.

/tinfoil
Quod Severis Metes

#15 shorty

shorty

• Members
  • 8,938 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:10 PM

massive inflation in food and winter fuel costs, combined with 'crushing deflation' elsewhere, especially housing.

butt my Reamtor says it's a great time to buy buy buy

Stock market portfolio giving you the runs? See Dr. Stool.

Take a subscribatory!
Download 
The Anals of Stock Proctology now!

The Daily Stool - Stock Market Message Board
Stool's Gold- Gold and Precious Metals Forum
Look Out Below Message Board

Support your local Stool Board.

The Al E. Greenspeuman designer line at Stoolmart. Get yours today! Click here now!
Get Mugged!

Dr. Stool's
Book Search

Enter title, author, or keyword
Just books
All Products

Old Stool Depository

Live Steaming Pile Chart