Back In Beeswax

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Effective immediately, posting third party material without attribution and a link (if available) will result in immediate suspension of posting privileges for 10 days. Second offense will result in permanent suspension.

Snippet and a link only, please!

Welcome back, Doc!!!

That place looks great.

Huge day. About 2.9 billion shares pushing into new highs with a steady stream of 1.00 put/call ratios the entire day and Rydex bears cramming on the short side again.

big.chart?symb=nya&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=2&maval=50&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=3277&style=320&time=8&freq=1&comp=NO%5FSYMBOL%5FCHOSEN&nosettings=1&rand=7445&mocktick=1

QID and DOG dropping into a K-Wave "Crash Window" for "anudder low" for the move, while the CRX "Weimar Index" closed out at the high tick of the day.

big.chart?symb=crx&compidx=aaaaa%3A0&ma=0&maval=9&uf=0&lf=1&lf2=0&lf3=0&type=2&size=2&state=8&sid=17103&style=320&time=8&freq=1&nosettings=1&rand=7339&mocktick=1&rand=2818

McHuge has his Hindenburg Omens up again, money managers are scratching their heads, sitting in cash, wondering if they will feel stupid by chasing a hot market again after panicking out this week.

75% up day on the NYSE, which should turn the Summation Index back up.

post-184-1181938939_thumb.jpg

post-184-1181939037_thumb.jpg

another great day to be longer ... and long and holding.

captain: the other day you had asked why i had said that i saw lots more upside.

i would like to clarify. today could be the top but probably not. more of what i was trying to say is that i am not fighting the trend. the market is going higher until it isnt that is why i can see the market headed a lot higher but at some point it will be time to flip.

It seems to be wiser to buy second tier brands for your personal hygiene and foodstuff these days:

"Fake Lipton Tea, Nescafe Leak Into EU, Hurting Unilever, Nestle "

"Colgate-Palmolive Co. yesterday warned U.S. consumers that counterfeit toothpaste that may contain a chemical used in antifreeze was found at stores in four states."

and avoid discount stores

"it was discovered at discount stores in New York, New Jersey, Maryland and Pennsylvania and may contain the toxic chemical diethylene glycol, the New York-based company said in a statement."

"The potential danger of counterfeit food was driven home in 2004, when at least 13 babies in China died after they were fed fake infant formula that had no nutritional value, China's state- run Xinhua news service reported at the time."

"On Feb. 5, French customs officers at Le Havre on the English Channel seized 7,776 soft-drink cans labeled Gold Cow and stamped with the Red Bull logo."

"A factory in the eastern trading town of Multan has 20 people making at least a ton of counterfeit tea a day, he says. Copies of the company's Brooke Bond tea often contain sawdust or dyed wood chips."

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=206...EtYA&refer=home

586140[/snapback]

Jetlag Thank you very much for the list: Its more important than you might think.

I keep looking for a sign of the future, assuming it could come from anywhere--and all of a sudden the list above enters my ken.....

As you all know there is a continual drumbeat about the pleasures of globalization trumping the agony of job outscourcing--that we become richer by virtue of cheap labor.....and cheap products , both united in keeping us elevated as a permanent member of the middle class.

A cheap source of comfort in its own way,for awhile,....when of a sudden the roster of poisoned products above rears its ugly head...reminding me of a Word I remember reading in a very early short story by Thomas Mann written during the Weimar years...In it he referred to the continual chiseling and hustling a german family had to endure on a daily basis; and the word that kept comming up was

"ERZATS", THE GERMAN WORD for synthetic...Cardboard soles,coffee adulterated with chicory and so forth....

And this reminded of me what could be the begginnings of what was happening on a world wide basis to many of us now--that we arent getting the dividends we think we're getting in cheap goods--or ,minimally,that the chinese and other emerging nations have hit brick walls (BRIC walls) in input prices and labor costs ,and are begginning to endanger our very lives with adulterated shit.

Make no mistake, many people are buying dollar store foods out of necessity--and are now,realising what the above list is telling us : that the premia for its economical price is paid by our acceptation of possible life endangering ingredients.

Think of it as similar to the SPREAD, not as in butter, but as in risking life units in lieu of money.... As an analogy of Junk Bonds---

To cut to the chase; the point I'm trying to make is that we are not merely playing with paper in a cartoonish universe with funny caricatured prices for silly things...but that the madness, the actual psychosis spreading through the ranks is being made so visible that even most dimwitted of the shorn sheep can now recognise their nakedness:Not so much that the King has no clothes but that they are walking around nude, actually naked to their enemies.

beardrech :ph34r: :ph34r: As someone conclusively said recently:"We must Inflate or Die"; perhaps its Inflate and Die; Both!!......

FDA: Spaghetti aint got no bones; warning label

586158[/snapback]

Just like bad money (every and any fiat or debased precious metal coins in the past) drove away the good money (gold standard) from the world economy, the bad low priced products (low in fiat price but certanly high in health premium as you cunningly observed) drive away the good and expensive real McCoy stuff.

When they let a country like China in the WTO because of greedy multinationals the standards are lowered and the poisonous bad products kill the healthy good ones.

Well, I saw some very big longer term signals just before I left. Once I have my charts updated I'll have a better idea of how those signals are looking and will give a report in the next issue of the Wall Street Examiner Professional Edition market update. My target for the next report is Monday evening, but if I can get everything together in time, will post this weekend.

Same day, different story. Can't wait to hear how a certain internet radio host and his gang, referenced on this site many times, talk about how they called it on their weekend show. Of course they did, since they make about a half dozen contradictory predictions each week!

As far as I'm concerned, as long as those "secondary" warning signs (gold, the dollar, oil, etc.) keep flashing warning signals, it's only a matter of time before this whole thing goes up in smoke. Just make sure to have enough of those "secondary" trades in your portfolio, and all the money you've lost betting against this madness won't be so bad. And remember- all it takes is one giant reversal in the market to send those long term put options skyrocketing. (If anyone actually remembers 2000 A.D. anymore, you know what I'm talking about). They don't call them LEAPs for nothing!

Same day, different story. Can't wait to hear how a certain internet radio host and his gang, referenced on this site many times, talk about how they called it on their weekend show. Of course they did, since they make about a half dozen contradictory predictions each week!

As far as I'm concerned, as long as those "secondary" warning signs (gold, the dollar, oil, etc.) keep flashing warning signals, it's only a matter of time before this whole thing goes up in smoke. Just make sure to have enough of those "secondary" trades in your portfolio, and all the money you've lost betting against this madness won't be so bad. And remember- all it takes is one giant reversal in the market to send those long term put options skyrocketing. (If anyone actually remembers 2000 A.D. anymore, you know what I'm talking about). They don't call them LEAPs for nothing!

586276[/snapback]

I think most of wndy's meat has been striped from the bone...not much more topside here IMVHO.. :D

post-1110-1181941030_thumb.jpg

md remember when I talked about compounding your gains with margin. AAV is a good example. Do not get to greedy but as it goes up buy more with margin especially since the yeild is more the margin cost.

Anyway that is what I am doing.

586252[/snapback]

I don't have a margin account and if I did, I would probably wind up losing money instead. . Perhaps one day I will be skilled enough to do that without losing my shirt.

OK, here is my game plan for next week...

Above top trendline gets a short...

Touch of 20DMA gets a long....

post-1110-1181942312_thumb.jpg

586280[/snapback]

Did so at the close (short). Mistake was not closing all positions at 1492, just closed half of 'em and re-loaded this afternoon. This rocket ride has black box written all over it, goosed by newly committed "diversification" (long) funds from The Governments of China, Outer Mongolia, Krypton and most of the 72 Virgins in Paradise.

After all, this is a long as it gets. Why not climb on ?

I just find it hard to believe that a black box program solution triggers an equities buy when the TNX breaks 5.25. Makes me suspect that the money printers also are programming the black boxes. :o

But since these guys also make all the Blue Pills in the world, I shouldn't be surprised, should I ?

post-2304-1181943932_thumb.jpg

I may pile back into Intel on Monday.

I had a look around to try and figure out why Intel has been on such a tear lately (besides the generally good news on their execution and pulling in of Yorkfield - Penryn for the desktop) and I found that the CEO today say that Nehalem progress has been spectacular. Now Intel is generally more reserved in their language so it sounds like things are going well. I firmly believe that Nehalem, as a chip, will be far better than Barcelona is, even if it does turn out to be better than Penryn. I think that at best, Barcelona will be on par with Penryn if AMD can work out the bugs and execute on yields. And that's a big question mark.

If Intel does pull off Nehalem and brings it in early, I think that the way in which we talk about computer power and capability will fundamentally change. One could argue that the idea of Nehalem was started by AMD buying ATI but it looks like Intel will be actually able to capitalize on it.

Archived