Monthly Digger - September 2009

Gold Majestic, give it a rest on Bearvest. I greatly enjoy reading you both but Im a big boy who makes my own decisions and lives with them-dont need to be prosletyzed by anyone.

My personal read is that this is a breakout in gold in all currencies, that gold stocks will be in a substantial moveup if $1250 for POG gets hit and stays and stocks can easily double based on leverage (although $1250 will smash up the big hedgers like Barrick)> I have clients overseas and its true the Brazilians are moving to accept the real rather than the dollar in big contracts as they seem to trust Lula more than Obama(may he always be praised). Thats a sea change in psychology, although i notice the brazilians stiill have $ denominated a accounts and condos in Miami.

What is most interesting is the withdrawal by Hong Kong of its London gold deposits and the building of a secure airport gold terminal to hold it, much as the swiss have at Zurich. the chinese problem of course is that with 2 trillion in $ what the hell do you buy over what period to not implode the $, which of course kills whats left of your 2 trillion in $.

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Gold Majestic, give it a rest on Bearvest. I greatly enjoy reading you both but Im a big boy who makes my own decisions and lives with them-dont need to be prosletyzed by anyone.

My personal read is that this is a breakout in gold in all currencies, that gold stocks will be in a substantial moveup if $1250 for POG gets hit and stays and stocks can easily double based on leverage (although $1250 will smash up the big hedgers like Barrick)> I have clients overseas and its true the Brazilians are moving to accept the real rather than the dollar in big contracts as they seem to trust Lula more than Obama(may he always be praised). Thats a sea change in psychology, although i notice the brazilians stiill have $ denominated a accounts and condos in Miami.

What is most interesting is the withdrawal by Hong Kong of its London gold deposits and the building of a secure airport gold terminal to hold it, much as the swiss have at Zurich. the chinese problem of course is that with 2 trillion in $ what the hell do you buy over what period to not implode the $, which of course kills whats left of your 2 trillion in $.

Im a big boy who makes my own decisions and lives with them-dont need to be prosletyzed by anyone.

Simple. Then quit reading my posts. I'd prefer you not. Likewise, not interested in reading yours.

In fact posters like you that would accuse me of proselytizing is a good reason for me to stop posting here.

There are a few here I don't care to share my findings with.

I'm not here for your enjoyment.

So I've noted.

Just a point or two. I sold out my core GG position in July of 2008. And I went to cash.

Since then I've simply traded in and out of the markets using the double ETF's with very good success. So you should see bullish, neutral, and bearish posts. Primarily, my trades have been to short when Stochastics exceeds 80 and to close the shorts and enter long when Stochastics falls below 20.

I have noted the "double dip" trade and how Stochastics can embedd if both lines remain over or under for a 4th day. That is why I only take a 10% position initially. I'll add periodically above over 80 if price appears to be entering a rising wedge as the reson for the embedding.

It bgrings me back to the question, "Why did I miss Wednesday's rally?"

And franly, I have no answer.

On Thursday, August 27th, MACD gave a "buy signal". On August 28th, Gold broke out it's daily downtrend line. I properly discounted it as a doji--and saw 2 indecisive candles that followed on Monday and Tuesday.

They drove price back into the triangle---so it was nt a mere backtest.

All hell broke loose Wednesday. But all week long, it's been flat for the dollar that's in a positive MACD trend, and indecisive for oil, and up for bonds (until Friday). Gold appears to be on a frolic of its own.

So turning to GDX. It's clear that it's in impulse mode and will go higher. The powerful move is a wave 3 in an impulse. A 4th wave should correct at least 38%. That could be to 42-43 to fill a small gap.

I'll cover my small short there and assess whether to go long.

Getting back to G.M., I can handle the bear-baiting. I want to always maintain an objective view to trade, so his idle personal affronts are simply ignored,

My wife and I have stayed married for 36 years. We've had disagreements, but always remain issue-focussed--never delving into personalities or past mistakes.

I hope you treat her better than you behave on this board.

Inflation:

The official stats are less food and energy.

Just take a look a $wtic on yor own and then DBA.

DBA is a good proxy for food.

Notice what happened to food over the last few days, let alone several months.

Now I'm a chartist. I don't care about fundamentals. But Gold up and food down! Duh?

I sure don't see anything that supports the theory that Gold will be the safe haven in the case of a dollar collapse or that it will rise due to inflationary pressures.

The Gartman followers lost money on the short OF gold/long foodstuffs (DBA) trade

Let's see some of those ratio charts that I've always said were worth little value.

And by the way, I'm still onside with my Canadian gold index short (hgd.to) simply because of the currency adjustment.

So I beg the question.

Why is gold rising without any companions?

post-1352-1252136732_thumb.png

post-1352-1252137851_thumb.png

That would be Article 21 which does not give a Gold target at all. dharma posted 22. He speculates in a later article that we might see an 8 fold increase off his projected Wave 4 low of 2000 bucks. Are you talking about 16K? Fib numbers off his 2K low would be 6K 10K or 16K. All speculation anyway.

My link no longer works because the article has been pulled from the web

But I was wrong it is update 23 that gives the revised targets

Im a big boy who makes my own decisions and lives with them-dont need to be prosletyzed by anyone.

Simple. Then quit reading my posts. I'd prefer you not. Likewise, not interested in reading yours.

In fact posters like you that would accuse me of proselytizing is a good reason for me to stop posting here.

I've been reading and lurking and learning on these fora for quite a while and have never posted. I am a learner and have little of value to contribute. And, so, I am also a subscriber. Doc is trying to run a business here, and I find it worth $500/yr to help. I hope others that profit financially do the same.

A forum is meant to be a sharing of ideas. The key word is sharing, a term that reminds me of the lessons to be learned in kindergarten. The 'alpha dog' mentality simply ruins that concept. I've seen many excellent posters driven away over the years.

I, too, enjoy reading your posts and I'm sure that you couldn't care less whether I do or don't. But, just as I can ignore them, you really have no right to TELL me or anyone to do that. If you wish to limit access to your ideas, I suggest that you start your own business and charge for them. Meanwhile, I do wish you well and I do appreciate your ideas and those of Bearvest and dharma and Ageka and Charmin and Trader and others.

Back to lurking. Thanks.

Graham Summers

All told, High Frequency Trading Programs HFTPs control 70% of trading volume on the NYSE.

However, at this point, five stocks (yes only five) account for 40% of the trading volume on the market. Those five stocks: Citigroup, CIT Group, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, and AIG. Think about that, five stocks out of several thousand, are accounting for 40% of ALL trading.

The result of the G20 Finance Ministers’ meeting resulted in all parties renewing their pledges to continue with stimulus measures for the time being.

Of course, what we hear publicly and what actually occurs behind closed doors can be two very different matters altogether.

For those of us that have been following the market fundamentals closely, the reality is NOT AT ALL Dollar Positive as the "Bearvest Dollar Bulls/Commodity Bears" continue to presume.

The Dollar is headed for another tumble for all the glaringly obvious reasons discussed here and the recent action of Gold is ringing the bell so loudly . . . Ding Dong Ding . . DING-A-LING!!!! . . Dong.

China Alarmed By US Money Printing

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economi...y-printing.html

China Issues A Beijing “Put” On Gold

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ambro...-price-of-gold/

UN Says New Currency Is Needed to Fix Broken ‘Confidence Game’

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=new...id=aSp9VoPeHquI

BOE is Considering Negative Interest Rates

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economi...s-hoarding.html

China Diversifying Out of U.S. Dollars: Bullish for Gold

http://seekingalpha.com/article/160240-chi...ullish-for-gold

Archived