Monthly Digger - February 2009

I picked up another old disappointment .. going to tuck this one away for a bit.

02/26/2009 10:28:22 Bought 2100 LMC @ 0.59 -1,248.95

02/26/2009 10:28:23 Bought 2900 LMC @ 0.5899 -1,710.71

OIL doing a beautiful "peapod" formation between 8:30 this morning to now...skew away!

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sold another slice of minefinders since it was the only one I got in the black today and 10% up on my purchase price

Now I am starting to feel confortable for any kind of correction in march or even strait up

( That is if one can feel confortable with a 20% decline but I have known 90% declines not to throw me )

I get a trendline that's more bearish looking, Charmin.

Edit: Ignore the first chart.

Stochastics is now Dover Sole. Watch for a double dip:

1.a decline below 20 (complete),

2. a rally above 20 that stays below 50, and

3. a decline below 20.

The second decline is the "bottoming" signal----an abc. A conservative trader will buy on the 2nd rise above 20 holding until the rally carries above 80. It works about 80% of the time.

post-1352-1235698928_thumb.png

post-1352-1235698983_thumb.png

Interesting watching these separate realities taking place (spot, miners, dollar).

Using profits to buy on these dips. Only sold out of FCX, too bad.

I always consider taxes (only had two wash sales last year) which takes a lot of patience. The IRA I trade like crazy.

I see our fearless leader wants to raise the capital gains in 2011, what good are investors anyway.

make sure this one is on your watchlist: JIN.TO / JINFF: http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/Ji...JIN-955260.html

i had picked up some GPRLF at .277 .. partial fill only 8k shares. dumped them today already. i dumped my royl as well at 1.98 for a quick $200...it's a bit illiquid these days, i believe it will do multiples from these levels eventually. hanging onto LMC. i think everyone knows but DIG, FAS or any leveraged etf is hardly ever a buy/hold. expense fees, time, nature of leverage, etc. all contribute to gradual degrading of value in these. they are strictly for daytrading IMO, in this environment. plus dig is 2x oil/nat. gas STOCKS and not underlying commodity - i prefer DXO/USO for oil. bought DIG calls at the open and sold mid-day for some cash. FAS is verrrry good for a trade here. groping for a bottom on the indexes where none appears visible. i'd prefer to get some bounce here. my stuff says oil has more up, dollar down, gold down, dow up (albeit skewed down). this is just for mon/tues basically. then looking for some consolidation in oil and a rally in gold before a much larger move in oil. we shall see, subject to change after weekend homework.

Let's see how EUR:USD unfolds this week...very key turns coming/in process in the markets.

post-1082-1235777258_thumb.jpg

Take cover, Charm...

"Gold has broken out to new highs in every major currency in powerful fashion. The longer it takes to do so in US$ terms, the more powerful it will be, since foreign investors will pile on in what should become a global confirmation love fest. Never under-estimate gold fever."

Nightmare Jim

post-1744-1235784437.jpg

post-1744-1235784176_thumb.png

Archived